Chapter 33

Hearing battle cries filling my ears, I flew above with Tony as everyone ran towards Thanos and his chitauri army. And when we collided with them, the ultimate chaos had begun. Creating fireballs, I blasted them at the chitauri, killing them instantly. Being aware of my surroundings, I stayed in the air, firing from above while Tony did his own thing.

But I guess everyone was doing their own thing now. So that meant, I did what felt right to me. We didn't have a plan of attack but we all knew one thing. Kill Thanos.

Battling with the chitauri made me think back to 2012, which felt it happened a week ago.

I remember the flying fish-like-looking thingies and thought back to what I had done. Gaining speed, I flew till I was right on top of one. I landed on its back, piercing my hands into it and taking control. Moving it to turn, I laughed out, feeling alive again. I had forgotten how fun it was to ride these things.

I saw Tony and his wife, Pepper fighting alongside each other from a distance. I smirked to myself before ramming the fishy into the ground and flying off of it when Scott, who was now a giant, crushed it. I gave him a thumbs-up, landing on his shoulder to catch my breath.

My vision was giving out while on the fish, flashbacks were blocking my view but they had stopped after a bit. I took a deep breath before jumping back into the fight. I spotted Tony looking like he needed help, landing behind him to block the chitauri. Yet one had swung at him, sending him back and crashing into the rumble. I heard him grunt as I blasted back at them only to be pushed back and be punched into the ground.

The impact messed with my body, causing me to jolt from certain energy I couldn't contain. I was ready for the pressure and pain from the chitauri but someone had fought them off. I couldn't see them but I see some sort of ... webbing?

It wrapped around its arms and it soon fell to the ground before it got smashed by Scott's foot. This time Scott gave me a thumbs up, making me smirk. I saw a person jump over me and go straight towards Tony, not noticing my presence. I groaned more, feeling a memory coming to mind or maybe a vision. I brought my hand up, pressing my fingers against my temple. I squeezed my eyes shut, hearing voices as the picture formed.

His face. His cloak of levitation. The master of magic. "Go to him"

I grunted, forcing myself to sit up. The dirt and rubble falling off my sleeves and out of my hair, I locked my jaw, feeling an instant sharp pain all through my body. I coughed roughly, my lungs full of dust. I took slow breaths and pushed myself up enough to look to my right to see Tony hugging the kid who saved him.

I stood, weak on my feet, Tony's eyes caught me and pulled away from the kid.

Grabbing my hand, he helped me up. I steady myself, holding his arm as I faced the kid. And when I saw his face, I recognized him instantly.

He's the kid. From the picture. I looked at Tony and back at the kid. He seemed confused as to who I was but it didn't matter. His brown eyes met mine and I found myself leaning forward to hug him. He was hesitant and returned it awkwardly.

"Oh-oh, okay," the kid stuttered. "Thanks, uh- lady," Giving me small pats on the back before I pulled away. I've seen him in the visions. I knew he would be alright after all this. He reached out his hand, "I'm Peter., Peter Parker," he introduced. I smiled, looking over at Tony before shaking the kid's hand.

"Bree, you're bleeding," Tony pointed out and I smacked his hand away.

"So are you," I remarked. "Come on, let's get back out there," I said taking off and returning to the fight. Blasting more fire at the chitauri, I saw out of the corner of my eye, the man. The guy I saw in my vision.