Chapter 11

Bree

My chest was glowing like crazy as I flew closer to the tower. I watched as Loki got off the ship. His brainwashed minions set up the Tesseract at the highest point of the tower.

I kept flying around the tower, contemplating if I should go and fight but I knew that wasn't right. Going in alone. Like Phil.

So I waited for the team to get here. Stark told me to stay hidden from Loki. I waited and waited until I saw off in the distance, Tony in his suit, flying towards the tower. Behind him was a ship. I smiled to myself.

He flew past me and up to the top, fired at the Tesseract yet the force field around the whole thing reflected it, hitting him back. He then landed on his platform and began to walk down it as his robots stripped him of his suit. Loki walked up the steps to meet him inside while he held onto the scepter. I flew over to the platform, not trusting Tony to be alone with him, I quietly entered behind Loki while still being invisible. He didn't notice a thing. Neither of them did. My wings vanished as I proceeded to watch the two talk.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity," Loki spoke first as he entered the massive, overly decorated lounge area.

"Uh, actually I'm planning to threaten you," Tony said, strolling down some steps.

"You should've left your armor on for that," Loki smirked.

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage and you've got the glow stick of destiny," He pointed to him. His comment made Loki surprisingly smile. "Would you like a drink?" Tony offered while entering his at-home bar.

Loki chuckled. "Stall me won't change anything,"

"No. no, threatening," Tony corrected. "No drink? You sure?" He grabbed a glass and bottle. "I'm having one."

"The Chitauri are coming. Nothing will change that." Loki said, looking out the window, gazing at the view. He turned back. "What have I to fear?"

"The Avengers," Tony said, glancing up at Loki while he gave him a confused look. "It's what we called ourselves. We're sort of like a team." He poured his drink. "Earth's mightiest heroes type thing,"

"Yes, I've met them." Loki stepped closer, smiling ear to ear.

Tony grinned. "Yeah. Takes us a while to get any traction. I'll give you that one. But let's do a headcount, here. Your brother, the demigod, a super soldier, a living legend, who kind of lives up to the legend. A man with breathtaking anger management issues, a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."

Loki smiled. "That was the plan,"

"Not a great plan," Tony said, walking towards Loki. "When they come and they will, they'll come for you."

Loki's smile faded, clenching his jaw. "I have an army,"

"We have a hulk," Tony said. "And some sort of very powerful teenager,"

"I thought the beast had wandered off, and I killed the girl,"

"You're missing the point, there's no throne," Tony neared him. "There is no version of this where you come out on top." He stops as he sees me appearing aside from their conversation. Loki stepped back, "impossible," he murmured, looking at me up and down in disbelief.

I neared him, speaking up. "And maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us but it's all on you. Because if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it." I felt my chest glow more, not taking my eyes off him. He evilly smirked, "You think you're so powerful, darling. But all you are is a test subject, an experiment, a toy," His face getting closer, I felt my cheeks heating up. "How do you know that?" I asked.