Chapter 34

12 years ago

After Bree got out of the shower and changed, Phil had come back.

He had let himself in and took a seat across from her while she sat on the bed.

The girl still didn't trust him as much as she wanted to. They met hours ago after all.

"So," She started as she began to dry my hair with a towel. "What did you want to talk about?"

"You," he cleared his throat.

She furrowed her eyes. "Me?"

"Yes, you."

Adjusting her position, she crossed her arms. "What do you want to know?"

"Quick summary about you, your life, you know," he gestured.

And the girl shook her head. "No, I don't. Did Fury out you up to this?" she speculated he would be behind this somewhat of an interrogation.

"Nope, this is all me," he shook his head while grinning, looking all giddy, suddenly. The brunette bit her lip. "Why so interested?"

"You interested me,"

"Why though?"

"I'm not sure, exactly,"

Furrowing her eyes, she couldn't take the small talk anymore. "Well listen, I don't know if you can tell but I don't know you that well. I barely trust you,"

"Okay, then try to,"

She raised a brow. "Dude? You think I'm just gonna open up to you after putting me in that cell for who knows how long?"

"... Okay,"

"Okay?"

"Okay. Let's start over. Hi, I'm Phillip J. Coulson. I'm an agent for S.H.I.E.L.D and I'm in a partnership with Nick Fury," he explained, and the girl sat there, dumbfounded. "Okay, your turn,"

The brunette fluttered her eyes. "What?"

"Introduced yourself,"

Uneasy, she obeyed. "Bree. I'm ... Young. I'm an .... Uh, enhanced, I guess and I work for nobody," she finished, still trying to read him as he nodded slowly.

"What were you doing before Fury found you?" He blurted out, making her lock her jaw.

She watched her words. "I was exploring New York,"

"And before that?"

"What?"

"What were you doing before?"

"I uh," She blanked. The girl didn't remember. "I don't know,"

He hummed in response, averting his eyes from her. "I saw the mark on your back,"

Her eyes widened as her body tensed up. The girl could feel the heat growing up her arms and spine. She was on edge, ready for him to try something yet his expression didn't seem like a threat.

"Can you tell me about that?"

She didn't back down though. She didn't want him to know anything about me since she wasn't going to be here that long.

"You saw it?"

He nodded, tilting his head. Perhaps noticing her sudden tension. "Bree, you can calm down. I'm not a threat to you,"