Chapter 1: Again?

Bucky's POV

"Buck, we can't keep doing this by ourselves. We just got our asses handed to us by super soldiers!". Sam stated.

"Don't call me that" I shot him a glare. Sam has been ranting non-stop about how we need at least one more person to be able to deal with these Flag Smasher... issues.

"Look, all I'm saying is that we need someone. Someone who can prove useful, we can't take these guys by ourselves". He sighed and sat down.

"Fine. Who's going to help us Wilson?"

"What about the kid from queens?"

"No. We can't drag that kid into this. We don't even know where he is or if he'd be willing to help us, given that the first time we met it was fighting against each other. I think... " I hesitated.

"What is it Barnes?" Sam sighed.

"I might know someone for the job...maybe. If I can convince her". This won't be good. She's not gonna like this. Oh, who am I kidding, she won't say no. Right?

"She?" he said confused.

"Yes." I whispered.

And she will probably kill me. It'll be your own fault too.

"Ok, who is she and how do you know her? You don't speak to anyone; how do you know this girl?". He had an unreadable look on his face. It was something between suggestive and confusion.

"How do you know her?"

"She's a...doctor. Helped me when I was on the run."

"So, she's a super soldier doctor or something?"

"No but, she also knows her way around.... uncommon technology." I hesitantly said.

"S.H.I.E.L.D tech?"

I nodded.

"She worked with S.H.I.E.L.D and you, why haven't I heard of her?'

"Well she's very good at her job, then."

"Ok. Fine. Let's say you get Miss Shady Doctor Assassin to join the team. How can she possibly be an asset?". Sam asked while crossing his arms and leaning back to the table.

"She's a skilled fighter, she has people on the inside of everything, master code breaker, doctor, AND has a marksman's abilities, should I keep going? And by the way, she's not an assassin". I listed and raised my eyebrows.

"We need her." I finished.

"Where can we find her?"

"Well, that depends" I sighed.

"Great you don't know where she is." Sam said throwing his hands up in the air.

"Depends on what?"

"Depends on if she blipped, if she did, she's in a lake-house in upstate New York. Almost in the middle of nowhere if you ask me".

"What if she didn't?"

"Then she moved to her next location 3 years ago without leaving a trace".

"Great, that's just great! Awesome! Peachy keen Barnes!"

"Easy there Wilson" I said raising my voice a little.

"Look", I started. "We should start with the lake-house, if she's not there we start a wider search or consider other options".

"Fine"

"Let's go".

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The drive upstate was quiet, I was driving because I faintly remember hearing some coded chatter on her location. Sam was trying to get as much info on her, even though I told him it wouldn't work, yet he was still trying and failing. Miserably.

"Argh!" Sam said while hitting the tablet.

"I told you, you're not going to find anything on her". I look at him.

"I don't get it. It's like she doesn't exist".

"Exactly".

I look back at the road and see the lake house. There she was, hunched over her truck wearing a hoodie and flare leggings. Grease all over her hands, well... hand. She had a black prosthetic arm with dark blue accents but you couldn't see it from this angle.

Once she heard the car, she stopped what she was doing and looked up while wiping her hands with a cloth. I parked in front and before we got I told Sam something.

"Let me do the talking, don't touch any of her stuff, and most importantly; don't ask questions". He looked confused but then nodded and followed me out.

"Well, well, well" she started "It's good to see you again Buck".