Chapter 24: Romanoff, Y/L/N

(Short bonus chapter)

Y/N's POV

Flashback

SHIELD Headquarters – 2010 – Before the events of Iron Man 2

This can't be happening, I think. Walking furiously along the corridors towards Fury's office.

He can't be serious! I'm getting scared glances by the people I'm passing through. Can't blame them, I look like I'm about to commit murder.

Which I might. I should have left my holster. This man will be the death of me.

I aggressively push open the door, not caring if I'm interrupting something. Fury was inside talking to a curly red head in a cat suit, not as cool as mine but it's nice.

"You have to be shitting me Fury!" I slam the tablet which contained my next "assignment" if you could even call it that.

"Watch your tone Y/L/N. This is still my office. Your superior's office! And I happen to be busy." he side-eyed me motioning to the petite woman sitting, wishing she could disappear from the awkward situation.

"Yeah? Well so was I until this thing showed up in my next assignments." I finger-stabbed the tablet in the desk. "What the hell is this Fury?" I demanded.

You can tell my patience is getting thinner by the second.

"That is your next assignment, deal with it."

"Like hell I will." I put my hands on my hips but maintain my defensive position.

"Speaking of which, this is your partner." He pointed to the red head.

"Yeah that's my other problem, no offense." I turned to the agent and she just comprehensibly nodded so I returned my angry gaze at Fury. "You know I run undercover ops solo."

"Not this one."

"We both know the only reason you still get to boss me around is because I don't want to sit behind a desk handling the politics. You said it yourself! You also said I'd be able to choose my assignments so I'm not taking this one." I said as passive aggressive as possible.

"I'm afraid that's not up to you this time."

"Why the hell not?" I snapped.

"Because she can learn from you and you can learn a thing or two from her, if your thick head allows it." He fought back.

I tilted my head. "I am not babysitting the billionaire."

"Well you are. Go get ready, both of you are leaving at 0800 sharp tomorrow. Although, introductions are in order. Right, General?" He stopped leaning on the desk.

"General?" the woman asked.

"Yes."

Fury left.

"Romanoff." She extended her hand for me to shake.

"Y/L/N." I did so. "I think we'll get along just fine, Agent."

"I think we will, General."

And that we did.

A/N: SURPRISE BITCHES! (i say bitch in a good way). I felt inspired today and i wanted to write Nat and Y/N's first time meeting. I also wanted to show the complicated relationship between Y/N and Fury. AND WHY NOT SHOW ANOTHER BAD BITCH MOMENT? I'm really motivated lmao.

We hit 5.4k reads!!! THANK YOUUUUU

Also, partly why I'm writing is bc a tropical storm is about to hit the island and since the electricity is so reliable here in Puerto Rico (please note the sarcasm) most likely the power will go out and i planned on updating tomorrow or the following days so here i am.

Hope you liked it!!!! Let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions or any specific scenes from the past like these in the fanfic and i'll def add them.

UPDATE: Not a single drop of water fell down here so I'll probably start working on the next chapter tonight! Love you!!!