Chapter 8: Aristocats

Y/N's POV:

I'm not the talkative type. That has saved me in some situations but has set me in others. For instance, I've mentioned my buddy the Italian mafia leader. I've worked for him quite a few times and dare I say we are quite close. However, everybody has at least one enemy and my buddy had one of the other most powerful mafia leader as his. 

Let's just say I got fairly rewarded for my loyalty after they had to rescue me from his grasp. Loyalty isn't something you often find these days. 

Bucky and I have a sort of unspoken bond between us. It's comforting because I know I can trust him and apparently he still trusts me.

Now we were walking through another garage. What is it with these men and garages? This one was much, much larger and fancier though.

"So our first move is grand theft auto?" I snickered, starting look around. Bucky and Sam doing the same while Creep-o went to look for some of his stuff apparently.

"These are mine. Collected by my family over the generations. I spent years hunting people HYDRA recruited to recreate the serum. Because once its out there," he said opening one of the cars' door and crouching down, reaching for a bag "someone can create an army of people, like the Avengers." He looked up at Sam who was glaring at him.

That's pretty much our facial expressions while hanging out with Creep-o over here, it's either: poker face, glares, or deadass stank-faces. Then he started talking again.

"I ended the Winter Soldier program once before. I have no intention to leave my work unfinished. To do this we'll have to scale a ladder of lowlifes."

"Well join the party. We've already started." Sam said.

"First stop is a woman named Selby. Mid-level fence I still have a line on. From there, we climb."

Ha. This will definitely be interesting.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Before we got in one of Creep-o's cars to head off to wherever we were going, I pulled Bucky aside by the arm.

"Are you sure we can trust him?" I asked him still holding his flesh arm by the bicep. All these years and he's still riped. Dear Lord....

"Honestly, I don't know" he sighed.

"I don't like this Buck"

"I know, me neither. But he wont hurt you, you have my word on that."

"Let's just go." I said and walked past him to get into the car. Not going to lie, that made my heart flutter a little. The last time he said that he was true to his word. I trust him.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

We were walking down a private airport's runway towards what I think was Creep-o's private plane.

"So all this time you've been rich?" Sam asked.

"I'm a Baron, Sam. My family was royalty until your friends destroyed my country." Me and Bucky looked at each other. Poker faces.

"привет, эзник" (Hello, Oeznik)

"добро пожаловать, леди и джентльмены" (welcome, lady and gentlemen)

"Старый друг" (old friend)

He extended his arms towards the elder man and saluted.

"Please" he motioned us to go inside.

Nobody spoke until we were in the air. I sat in front of Bucky while Sam sat in front of Creep-o. Then the elder man, who's name I picked up as Oeznik, came with a glass of champagne and handed it to Creep-o.

"Apologies if that's a little warm, the fridge is out. But I will see if there is some good food in the galley." He explained.

"если он не прошел тест на запах, отдайте им" (if it doesn't pass the smell test, give it to them) That smug little bastard.

"Oh it's good to have you back sir" the man laughed.

"ты сумасшедший, если думаешь, что я ем все, что ты мне дашь." (you're insane if you think i'm eating anything you give me.) I glared at him.

"Your Russian has gotten better since the last time we spoke."

I didn't reply, I just kept my poker face on.

"You don't know what its like to be locked in a cell. Oh. That's right. You do."

I swear if he doesn't help us, I'm punching his pearly whites out.

"Why don't you tell us about where we're going?" Sam tried.

"I'm sorry, I was just fascinated by this." He points to the book in his arms.

"I don't know what to call it, but this part seems pretty important. Who is Nakajima?" then he showed what he was truly looking at. 

I instantly recognized it. It was Steve's journal. I remember he showed it to me and asked if I knew anything important he missed. Of course, I told him to add 'The Aristocats' because that's like the best animation movie ever made and it oh so happens to be my favorite. Right next to Star Wars obviously but he already had those written down.

Bucky recognized it as soon as I did. He stood up and started choking Creep-o. He moved so fast, if you blinked you would have missed it.

"Touch that again, I'll kill you." Then he released him from his grasp and took the little notebook back.

"I'm sorry. I understand that list of names. People you've wronged as the Winter Soldier."

"Don't push it." He replied.

"I've seen that book" Sam started.

"That was Steve's when he came out of the ice." I finished.

"How do you know about the book?" He looked at me.

"He showed me one time we hung out. I told him to add 'The Aristocats'." I slightly smiled remembering the time we watched it together. Natasha and Tony told me how he hummed 'Everybody wants to be cat' for the next few days.

"I told him about 'Trouble Man. He wrote it in that book." Sam added.

"Did you hear it? What did you think?" I asked Buck.

"I like 40's music, so..." he shyly replied. Can't say I blame him. I listen to 40's music more than I would like to admit. Although my music taste is all over the place, there's something relaxing about 40's music.

"You didn't like it?!" Sam accused.

"I liked it." He shot back.

"Its is a masterpiece, James. Complete. Comprehensive." Creep-o added.

"You two agreeing? Oh boy this going to be a long ride. I should have brought my headphones."