Chapter 28: Turkish Delight.

Y/N's POV

The Flag Smashers just bombed a GRC warehouse.

Great. Please, do note the sarcasm. Why do they even call themselves "Flag Smashers anyways? That's a pretty lame name if you ask me.

"Do we really have to litigate on what happened?" Zemo continued. Does this guy ever shut up?

"There's nothing to litigate—" Sam started but I interrupted him.

"You straight shot the man." I fired. Some people—like Zemo—just need a high five...in the face...with a chair—preferably.

"We have a problem," His stone gaze met Sam's.

"Ay, de verdad? No sabia." I mumbled. Sarcasm was amazingly attached to my mouth today. (Oh really? I didn't know).

"What? What's the damage?"

"Eleven injured, three dead." I answered for my boyfriend. Hehe. That has a nice ring to it, but I'm gonna need a minute to get used to that.

"They have a list of demands," he continued, "and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met in full."

"She's getting worse." Creep-o stated. "I have the will to complete this mission. Do the three of you?" Oh this little—

"She's just a kid." Sam blurted. I mean he was right, but she was a dangerous one at that.

"You're seeing something in her that isn't there." Zemo taunted, "You're clouded by it. She's a supremacist. The very concept of a super soldier will always trouble people," Ya don't say. "—it's that warped aspiration that led to the Nazis, to Ultron, to the Avengers."

Oh hell no.

My expression visibly hardened.

I went to attack him—not kill him—as much as I hate it, we need him. But I can't stand by him talking about The Avengers like that. They sacrificed so much. For everyone. Bucky quickly noticed and held me back by my shoulders tightly.

"Hey, those are our friends you're talking about!" I spat angrily, trying to free myself from Bucky's grip.

"The Avengers, not the Nazis." Bucky lightly spoke from behind me and pulled me to the other side of the counter where I couldn't reach Creep-o. Oh what a precious little bean.

I calmed down a little and he let go, still keeping me close in case I tried to hit him again. Totally for no other reason.

"So, Karli is radicalized, but there has to be a peaceful way to stop her." Sam tried to reason.

"I agree." Surprising myself.

"The desire to become a superhuman cannot be separated from supremacist ideals. Anyone with that serum is inherently on that path. She will not stop. She will not escalate until you kill her." Zemo stopped—pause for dramatic effect... "Or she kills you." –and there you go.

"Maybe you're wrong, Zemo." Bucky called out. "The serum never corrupted Steve." Or me; but go on.

"Touché." He pointed with a doughnut shaped cookie on his finger. "But there has never been another Steve Rogers, has there?"

I sneezed again, right on cue. "Can we just give him to the Wakandans right now? I think I'm allergic to his bullshit."

"And you'll give up your tour guide?" he mused, opening a cabinet.

"Yes." Bucky stated. We moved over to the couch. I took off my jacket and threw it onto the other seat and plopped down next to Bucky, propping a leg over his lap, and keeping the other one firmly on the ground.