Chapter 11: Trust

(Pic in front is kinda what you hand looks like except its black with dark blue accents)

Y/N's POV:

"Don't blow that smoke at me. I was on the run too." Sam said.

"Was. Is. Big difference. I don't speak to my family anymore. I can't. my father doesn't know where I am-"

"Listen... Sharon we need your help." Bucky said.

She chuckled. That's just mean.

"Please." Bucky pleaded. He must really trust her. That doesn't mean I do.

"This isn't over." She sighed. "I have a place in High Town. You'll be safe there."

Before we got into her car I pulled Bucky to the side.

"Buck... I don't trust her. She made the head man of the Italian mafia disappear without a word. And he trusts me for heaven's sake!" I whisper-shouted.

"But I do, Y/N . I know you don't trust easily, but please, she's our best bet. She helped me, Steve, and Sam when we needed her-"

"That was years ago Barnes. Maybe back then she did help you. You'd be surprised how much a person can change in a few years, and not for the better."

His eyes were basically screaming at me.

"Fine. But if we die, I swear Barnes I will bring you back to life and I will kill you." I snatched my hands away, harder than I intended but he had a strong grip. I made my way to the car.

The whole car ride was filled with an uncomfortable silence. Everybody felt it. You could tell.

When we got there, the place was huge and super fancy, security guards and everything. Some people would feel safer, but all this just makes me feel more uneasy than I was before. Who has that much security? In Madripoor?

We walked into this huge dark floor filled with paintings and LED's. I know I said the 'art enthusiast' thing was part of the whole 'Adira Whitaker persona', but I am actually an art geek. I did say the character was believable didn't I?

Based on what I could tell, these paintings were the real deal.

OMG! That's-

"What's wrong?" I was rudely interrupted by Bucky who whisper-shouted at me and took my hands into his...again but this time more discreet.

"That painting." I pointed. "I can't remember the name but, it was my mom's favorite. We- uh actually had a picture like that." I slightly frown. "I can't believe it's the actual thing. Painted by Bruno Di Maio, 1944." 

It was beautiful. A mother and her child sitting in a valley full of flowers. Mom would always talk about that painting and how it shows what a strong bond a mother has with her child.

I always wanted that you know? The whole white-picket fence two-story home, a family of my own, stability, basically a normal life. Don't get me wrong, being on off the grid is kinda awesome, has a bunch of perks and honestly, I'm used to it. 

But I don't know, my mother always talked about how having a family and kids changes you. I'm not ready for that kind of change. Besides, given my line of work, there isn't much time for a relationship. And come on, my metal arm isn't exactly a turn on. Bucky's sure is tho... Jesus, Y/N. Focus.

He noticed the change of expression and rubbed a few circles on my hand

He noticed the change of expression and rubbed a few circles on my hand. We fell behind so we quickly followed Sam, Zemo, and Sharon to where they were, trying to not act suspicious. 

Then i realized Bucky was still holding my hand. I think he noticed too because he looked down and quickly let go. Now my hand was cold again.

"Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well." Sam said looking around.

"I thought if I had to hustle, might as well enjoy the life of a real hustler." She replied.

They kept talking about how the paintings are real and how Sam couldn't believe it.

I was too busy admiring the art pieces to care or listen about what they were talking after that.

"Enjoy the party." And with that, she left.

What party?