part fifty three

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ʟɪɪɪ

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

ʜᴏᴍᴇ

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

It had been a few weeks into summer break, but I didn't go out much even though Hermione came over to my house pretty much everyday. It made me happy to see she actually wanted to see me and I was overjoyed when Ron would tag along too.

Hermione came over to my place today, for no other reason but to hang out and she brought along many books and snacks. Dad seemed to be happy as well, though I barely ever really saw him. I never left my room except when I had to use the bathroom or go get something to eat. The walls were thin and I would always hear him laughing, my guess was with his new girlfriend.

It hadn't really been the same since the day at the station. Apparently I was screaming at the top of my lungs while being curled up into a ball on the floor. Hermione said it freaked her out cause she saw that my hands were bleeding, which they were. I had dug my nails too deep into my palm when I was supposedly squeezing them. When I opened my eyes, I struggled to keep myself together, no one still had faces. My mind had been foggy since then and I couldn't piece anything together. I didn't even know if these weeks had happened.

But I hadn't told anyone, no one needs to know but Hermione being Hermione always found a way to get things out of me. For some reason she always knew when there was something wrong.

We were already a week into July and we were supposed to head to the burrow in a few days.

"You know," Hermione said as she waved her feet in the air. "I'm really excited to get my OWL grades," She beamed. "Shouldn't they be coming soon?"

"I dunno, maybe in a few days," I answered as I folded my clothes and placed them into my drawer.

She timidly rolled over onto her stomach and held up her chin with her two hands. "You gonna be okay?"

I furrowed my brows and glanced at her. "Well yeah, I did what I could on my OWLs and there's nothing I can do now."

"Not about that." She paused momentarily and I had already taken a guess about what, but chose to act dumb.

"Then what?"

"Harry."

I smiled as I had come to the thought I knew her too well. "Hermione, I'll be fine. It's been weeks since we broke up. I've already moved on." My eyes flickered from my clothes and the girl who seemed to be pouting. "What?"

"You really don't have feelings for him anymore?" She asked and I had no choice but to give her a smile.

"Of course not. It was easy. I just focused on Mason."