part seventy one

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛꜱ ꜰɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

Classes had started up again and teachers did not hold back on giving homework. They really wanted us to suffer this term and it was really making me regret picking all the classes I did.  

"You're lucky you weren't killed...both of you." Hermione breathed, skimming over the Daily Prophet as we walked along the corridors. "I don't even know why you'd run after her Eleanor, and why you, Harry would go too."

I shrugged not feeling like talking as my head slowly started to pound. But it's not like I wanted to almost die or get caught. I was just angry and caught in the moment when I saw her that nothing processed in my head. 

"You think I was just going to let her go in by herself, Hermione?" Harry scoffed, glaring at the girl. 

But Hermione only huffed in response, shaking her head. "No, it's just that you have to realise who you are, Harry." 

"I know who I am, Hermione, alright?" He sharply replied, making me flinch. I know he didn't mean it they way it left his mouth but it was certainly something and I could tell by the look on his face that he regretted it too. "Sorry." 

Hermione acted as if she didn't hear anything and folded the paper away. "So tell me what Arthur said." 

"If Dumbledore's traveling places, it's news to the Ministry. But get this: that night at Borgin and Burkes? It seems Draco was looking at a Vanishing Cabinet."  

Talking about Draco always made my heart feel heavy. I hadn't spoken a word to him since that Christmas party and not only that, I hadn't even spotted his white fluffy head anywhere either which only worried me more. I wanted to see him, see if he was okay but I wouldn't even know what to say to him...I was scared to learn the truth from him. To hear him say it would split me into two. 

"What would Draco want with a Vanishing Cabinet?" Hermione asked. 

But Harry only shrugged. "You tell me." 

She frowned, pondering on her thoughts. "He looks different, don't you think? Almost... ill." 

"Who?" I asked, confused at the sudden shift. 

"Draco." 

I paused and shifted to face her. "You've seen him? When?" 

She seemed confused as she grasped my hand that I had placed on her shoulder. "Today at breakfast."