part eighty four

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ʟxxxɪᴠ

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

"Zip me up...please?" I felt my heart beating out of my chest and feared that he'd be able to hear it as well.  But nonetheless I held my dress close to my body while my back laid bare to the boy behind me.  

But for a second I questioned if he'd even approach me and do it. I mean we hadn't talked in such a long time and this was the first thing I asked of him...What if he wanted to talk about something like last time? Surely not....right? 

I was so into my thought that when I felt his cold fingers graze my back, I shuddered, then feeling a sense of relief. 

"Sorry." He nervously laughed. "I didn't think I was that cold." I could feel him touching the fabric of my dress, lightly... "Your so...warm." 

"Really?" I asked. "I always feel like i'm so cold and I can never get warm enough." 

He said nothing as he touched the light fabric, then my lower back. And then suddenly the dress was tightly fitting around me in seconds. 

"I'm glad your back." He shyly muttered from his lips. I turned to face him and saw that his head was somewhere else. His eyes glowering darker. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you..." He started. He couldn't meet my eyes but when I went to speak he shook his head. "I need to say that I'm sorry, Eleanor...because it eats at me all the time." His words paused finally looking at me. "I want you to know your safe now too."  

My head shook as I let out a huge breath. "Harry, are we really ever that safe and-"

"I'd give my life to make sure you were." He said with no hesitation. 

A blank stare lingered between the two of us. I was at a lose of words. I felt a pang of anger in my core that didn't seem to simmer down. 

"No." I shook my head. "You shouldn't say things like that...especially after you didn't come to see me, talk to me or even sit next to me, since I've been back."

"I was scared." He admitted. "Scared that finding you was a dream, scared that if I finally touched you, you'd vanish and I'd wake up to the miserably truth that you weren't here, with me."

His droopy body laid low as he spoke to me. I could practically feel the terror oozing out of him. 

I took a step towards him, to which he flinched. "I'm not going to vanish Harry...this is real."