part sixty-nine

ʟxɪx

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴡᴇʟʟ

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

Time was quickly passing by as everyone was already dressed and downstairs, helping with the decorations. But the chilly breeze made me shiver to the point of not going to help outside at all. Having a winter wedding should have meant having an inside venue but that's not what the bride and groom wanted. 

The early January sun peaked out through the clouds ever so slightly only for it to be covered up again, but every time it did shine through, I'd savour it as much as I could. 

And the sweet strain of music drifted from beyond the doors to the living room where Hermione and I were making the flower ornaments for the tables. 

It was only us, the Weasleys, a few of Tonks and Dad's work friends and Tonk's family. A very small cute wedding which I thought was fine. 

And Dad and Tonks were off in separate rooms, getting ready to see each other on the aisle. 

The boys had taken to outside, setting up the chairs where we'd sit and watch the ceremony. I don't know what else they were doing since I didn't bother to go outside due to the cold. But I did catch sight of Ron working his way through the aisle, laying down a white carpet.

After Hermione and I had finished with the flowers, we made our way over to the kitchen where Mrs Weasley was making the cake. It was three-tier, that had white cream frosting and small specks of purple and green on the sides.

Their favourite colours, I thought.

"The cake looks beautiful, Mrs Weasley," Hermione said, her eyes sparkling as the skin under wrinkled together. 

"Oh." She looked up, a little startled. "Thank you, my dears." 

We smiled back at her, grabbing the cupcakes and bringing them to the tent that had been nicely put up by the boys. 

"Nice work." I mused, looking towards the twins and Harry. 

Harry caught my gaze, his eyes slightly softening as he strode towards me. But Ron appeared from nowhere, clutching his shoulder and dragging him away to the bathroom where he closed the door, once he went inside 

My brows furrowed together as Hermione shrugged her shoulders. "Well, that was abrupt," I said shaking my head. Ron had been acting a little off lately, and anytime she saw Harry walking towards Hermione and me, he'd instantly appear, taking Harry away. I think it was because he was uncomfortable with Hermione and how she had been acting. It made me frown.