part seventy two

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

ᴍᴇʀʟɪɴ ʜᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴍᴇ

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

I made my way up the stairs structure feeling confident and powered up and the time had come when it was finally time to find out the truth, no more beating around the bush. 

I reached his office and could see him sitting in his seat, in a sort of bliss. 

"Ahh, Eleanor, come in my dear." 

I slowly made my way over to him and stopped ahead of his desk. "Hello Professor, Sorry for coming unannounced but it was urgent." 

He gestured for me to sit, which I did but it wasn't going to go like last time. 

"So, what questions do you have." 

I took a breath, "I want to know the truth, about why I am the way I am, the prophecy that had my name on it...just everything that I don't know and you do." I stared at him with intent and pure hope that he would just fess up. 

"Very well." He nodded. "Let's start with the prophecy." 

I felt like my heart did a jump and I settled into my seat. "What was in it?" I asked, steadying myself. 

Dumbledore then stood, his feet gliding towards a drawer and swiftly pulling out a glowing orb...my glowing orb. 

He placed it right in front of me without saying anything. 

"It still has my name on it," I murmured to myself. The crystal itself gave me an eerie feeling that set me on edge. 

"Of course." He looked down at me. "Those things don't just go away." 

I peered at it a little closer. "Does it say why I have my powers?" 

He stood silent, making his way back over to his chair and settling himself carefully into it. "Your mother was a seer."

I met his eyes, a little taken aback. "W-What?" 

"She was a brilliant seer, indeed. A proud Gryffindor student that had so much potential. She was a year above Regulus, in Remus's year level." He smiled. "Now your mother was very close with them all and she met the young Black through his older brother. She found a subtle interest in him and set her heart straight. It truly was young love." He pondered. 

I sat still, listening carefully with my ears wide open. 

"Your mother's name was Daphne Cordelia Briella from the pureblooded Briella family. She was very close with James Potter as their estates were very close to one another as well as their parents. The Briella family was a family of generational seers. Very very high-ranking wizards, but when you were born it was a little different." His eyes skimmed around his office. "You were born a very sick child, constantly in the hospital and undergoing surgeries...It was quite a situation. It was because of a containment issue with your magic...you possessed a rather large amount when you were born which was very rare. But later we came across certain methods that would help that little issue."