part fourteen

ᴘᴀʀᴛ xɪᴠ

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

ᴅʀᴏᴡɴɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

Harry's POV

It was cold outside and I was heading to the Black Lake with Neville by my side. I hadn't the slightest clue where Hermione was but it was strange not to see Eleanor either. Did she not care anymore? She's probably with Malfoy right now. Why...

"Harry?" Both Ron and Neville were looking at me wide-eyed, I was too into my thoughts. Neville handed me some kind of green plant which I now knew to be Gillyweed.

"You're sure about this?" I was nervous and my other friends' absence wasn't making me feel any better.

"Absolutely."

"For an hour?"

"Most likely."

I stopped in my tracks and looked up at Neville, feeling a slight pang of annoyance.   annoyed.

"Most likely!?"

"Well, there is some debate among herbologists as to the effect of freshwater versus saltwater."

"You're telling me this now?!"

"I just wanted to help..."

Ron gave me a look that kinda made me feel bad for yelling at Neville seeing as he was the only person to help me, but I was so scared about the task coming up, that my mind kept wandering.

"Sorry Neville, thanks for this." I forced a smile and looked towards Ron. "Where is Hermione? I could do with a little tips from her!" I let out a loud huff and we both continued onto the boats, with a cold wind making me shiver.

We arrived at the middle of the Black Lake and left the boats heading towards the front of the docks. All the other champions were already there and Dumbledore was trying to get everyone's attention.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the lake. In order to win, each champion needs only to find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that they'll be on their own." Dumbledore finished off.

I couldn't think straight, I had no idea if the Gillyweed was even going to work and if I was even going to last an hour in there. The other champions started lining up on the edge and Professor Moody nudged me to put the herb in my mouth, and so I did. I swallowed it down but I couldn't breathe and started choking. The cannons fired and the others entered the water as I was still struggling to breathe above but I was pushed into the Black Lake and I was no longer struggling, but rather my hand and feet webbed together and gills formed on my neck allowing me to breathe under water. I flipped into the sky and once again took a dive, swimming deeper and deeper into the lake. I start to explore fast trying to make my way through. As I start hearing singing echo through the water, I follow it. The singing turns into muffled screams and I finally find what looks to be the treasure. I swim closer to find Hermione, Cho, a little girl and Eleanor tied up and just floating with their eyes closed. No one else was there but me, I swam closer to Eleanor and Hermione trying to set them both free but a vicious merperson threatened to attack by saying "only one".