part eighty three

ᴘᴀʀᴛ ʟxxxɪɪɪ

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ɢᴇᴛ

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

I could see Harry wake with a gasp, his eyes flashing in the darkness of his room. Watching the shadows above him, then down at his hand where his wand glimmered in the moon light. And that's when he swiftly moved. 

A rucksack over his shoulder, Harry picked his way softly down the spiralling steps, past the silent doorways, and carefully slipping in and out of the shadows. 

He emerged into the night, shifting the rucksack as he eyed the reeds shifting eerily in the darkness. So dark that he could barely see three feet ahead of him. 

"Going Somewhere?" 

Harry's body went stiff, turning to meet Ron's accusatory gaze, but then continued walking off. 

"No one else is going to die. Not for me." His voice dark, unrecognisable. 

"For you?" Ron tensed. "You think Mad-eye died for you? You think George took that curse for you?" He scoffed. "You may be the chosen one, mate, but this is a whole lot bigger than that." 

Harry stared at Ron, his lips pressed together as the air got thicker as the time went by. 

"And El-." Harry shuddered. "What a-about Eleanor?" They said nothing, looking at each other in wordless notions. "She's gone. No ones seen her and its been two days, Ron. She either dead and they have her...or she's alive and c-captured." 

He could barely get the words out, as if every word cut him deep. He was struggling and that was clear to everyone. 

But he wasn't the only one. 

Ron stood in front of him, sucking a breath to stop the tears from falling. "We don't know that. We don-"

"YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT!" He screamed, reaching at his heart, hitting it hard. "It's driving me insane. She's gone...maybe hurt, scared or even dead and I can't have her here in my arms...to at least hold her, to tell her everything is going to be okay, but I can't because she's not here, Ron." 

"Mate." 

"I'm spiralling Ron. I need to find her...I need something, even if it's small to know she's alive. I can't do this without her. I can't breath, I can't see, I-I." Ron took a step towards him, reaching his arms out. "I cannot live without her."