Chapter 31 Sky Is Here

Skylar's POV

"Come on, come on. Where is she?" I mumbled to myself and crossed my arms. I began tapping my foot on the concrete stair that lead to Madeline's front door. Since she was taking so long I started to tie my long black hair into a ponytail. I sighed, then knocked on the door again, hoping to get Maddie's attention.

I heard a click, like a door unlocking. Madeline stood in the doorway and took a bow, putting her hand up, like when a gentleman opens a door for a queen. I began laughing and rolled my eyes. Madeline gave me a nervous smile, as if she was hiding something from me. But I told myself it was nothing and stepped inside the lovely home.

The blonde haired girl shut the door and locked it, then turned to me. She had her hands behind her back and she starred at me. I starred back, but something clicked on my head, making my friendliness take a side step and let my anger have the spot light.

"Okay, let's cut to the chase. What went on last night?" I asked Madeline. She rubbed the back of her neck and sighed. She stayed silent for awhile, then finally spoke up.

"Can we talk about it in my room?". Madeline nudged her head in the direction of the stairs. I had no idea why she would want us to go upstairs and talk about it, but if it meant she was coming clean and actually speaking up, so be it. I nodded and began walking to her room. I heard Madeline say something under her breath from behind me.

Once I got upstairs, I walked over to her bedroom door. I was about grab the handle, but Madeline grabbed my hand and yanked me back. She then looked me into the eyes, she didn't smile and she looked rather serious. "Listen, when you get in my room...don't freak out, okay?"

I raised an eyebrow. Madeline has said some pretty random and strange stuff in the past, so I wonder what she's up to. It's like she's hiding something. And not just from me. From the world. "Okay" was all I was able to say, I grabbed the door knob, feeling Maddie strengthen her grip on my hand, her grip was so strong that it felt like my hand could lose circulation.

"Promise you won't freak out?"

"Yes. I promise."

Madeline nodded and let go. I turned the door handle slowly and shut my eyes, preparing myself for what was to come when I opened the door.

Once I opened the door ajar, I slammed it and turned to Madeline. She didn't...please tell me she didn't.

"You brought him home?" I whispered a little loudly. Just enough for Maddie to hear me and for...you know who not to. Madeline gave me a nervous grin and showed her white teeth, she nodded and rocked from side to side.

"I did..." She said quietly.

"What were you thinking? Are you insane? You brought him to your house! You took him away from the pizzeria, the only place he knows, and brought him to a civilized house that people live in! Why?" I shouted at her

"Because he saved me! I had to bring him here! If I didn't, who knows what Toy Freddy would have done to him! What's the big deal?" She argued back.

I face palmed. She really just asked
me what the big deal was. What's going to happen when he has to hand out gifts and he's not there? What will happen when Mr. Freddy realizes he's not there? She could get into some serious trouble and I refuse to be caught along with her.

"Maddie...the problem is...YOU DON'T BRING A CHILD ENTERTAINING PUPPET HOME! How did you manage to get him out of his box?"

"Skylar...if you stay and listen to everything Marionette tells you...you'll understand everything. All you have to do is stay and talk to him." She said calmly. My mouth opened slightly. I tried to figure out what to say next, but I couldn't find the right words to say. I nodded and took a deep breath...

"Okay...I'll stay" was all I managed to say as I opened the door.

I looked at Marionette and he looked at me. For some strange reason, I have a feeling this isn't going to be a friendly chat...

A/N: Good news! I am officially unstressed about my test coming up tomorrow. I just found out that I will be in a room that is monitored by my favorite teacher. Still, I have a bit of writers block but I only had a little more to write. Sorry if it was poorly written and seemed rushed. Anywho, I'll talk to you all in the comments!