Chapter 36 A Meaningful Melody

A/N: don't click the media yet. I'll tell you when in the story.

(2 weeks later)

Madeline's POV

It was 9 o'clock on a Wednesday night. I invited Skylar over to my place so we could hang out for awhile before I had to go to work. She's lucky, she's got the day shift at Oakwood Cafe. But I won't complain, I like my job, mainly because I get to see Marionette when I'm there.

Oh yeah! I've also started talking with Chica and Toy Chica. They were a little nervous at first, but now, they join in some of our conversations. Now all I have to do is become friends with Bonnie, Freddy, and Toy Freddy.

Then, I have to put my plan on getting Marionette giving gifts again in action. Which will be very difficult since he's done some bad things in the past. Like cutting Adam...but he deserved it! So I don't blame Marionette for that one, I blame myself. I wasn't there, that's why Marionette changed.

I sat on my bed with my legs dangling off the edge. I looked at my music box Foxy fixed. It's awesome that he did that for me. But, I'm surprised that its melody still plays without lagging.

I'd also like to know the name of the song it plays. I'm certain it's not a nursery rhyme. And it's not a common song that people listen to either. So what is the song really?

"Hey! I'm gettin' tired of you zoning out. Now what are you thinking about?" Skylar asked and threw a crumbled ball of paper at me.

"Knock it off." I said and picked up the paper ball and chucked it at her. It missed.

"Ha! You suck!" Skylar teased and pointed at me.

Sometimes, I really hate that girl. She really likes to piss me off. But she still is one of my closest friends so I have no choice but to stick with her.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I said then got up to get my music box. I placed my hand on the ballerina on top and smiled. I faced Skylar with a warm smile on my face.

"So, what do you think the song is?" I asked and turned the box in my hands, examining Foxy's work. He may have only one hand, but he sure does know how to use it.

Skylar shrugged and sat down on my bed. "I don't know. It could just be a made up song, ya know? All music boxes don't have a specific song."

"But...it just feels like I heard this song before. I don't honestly know where I heard it, but I have." I assured her. This had to be an actual song!

"Well wind it so we can hear it. I may know the song as well."

I took Skylar's word for it and placed my hand on the snapped silver handle. When it started to play its music, the both of us didn't say a word, we just sat there and listened.

The music started slowing down. Then it played a few random notes and stopped completely. "If you're with me, then everything's alright." Sky mumbled. Her eyes widened and she jumped up.

"Maddie, that song is 'Everything's Alright'!" She shouted excitedly.

I looked at her blankly. I have no idea what she's on about. Skylar slouched at sat back down. She took out her phone and hit the YouTube app. Then she started typing in the search bar and handed me her phone. "Here, listen to this. It's the exact same melody that your music box makes."

A/N: Play the media now

After the song ended, I clicked the button on top of Skylar's phone and sighed. She took the phone and placed it back in her pocket. She looked up to me and raised an eyebrow.

"Are you...crying?" She asked. I turned away from her and shook my head. I used my sleeve to wipe a tear that came down my face. "It's okay if you are. Almost everyone who listens to it does...I did." She mumbled the last part.

"You're just sayin' that to make me not feel sensitive." I said.

"No honestly, I cry almost every time I hear the song. I get the feels man!"

Both of us started laughing. That song was beautiful. I wonder if Marionette picked that song for the music box. I don't understand how he could have done it. But he did. That's another thing I love about him, he makes the impossible, possible.

Marionette's POV

From my box, I heard the last customers of the day leave. I smiled to myself, knowing that it's not too long until Madeline comes.

Okay, I'll admit it, what Foxy and Toy Bonnie said is true. I do like Madeline with me. It changes everything for me. I used to sit alone in my dark box, wait for the guard to forget about me, and kill 'em. It was a routine for me.

But when she came back, everything changed. The others are starting to get along, well, some of them at least. Madeline is like a miracle.

And I get this strange feeling when I'm around her. I know it sounds crazy, but it's love. But she would never love me. I'm a puppet! She's a human. It would never work out.

Oh well, I've been let down before so nothing's really changed. And maybe it's a good thing we can't be in that kind of relationship. Toy Freddy doesn't care about Madeline anymore. He cares about me.

Toy Freddy wants to destroy everything I appreciate in life. If he knew about my feeling for Madeline, he'd definitely kill her. This time without failing.

Well, I guess what they say is true. Everything happens for a reason.

There's a reason why she left for six years. There's a reason for why I changed into a monster. There's a reason why Toy Freddy acts like a dictator.

There's a reason...

Why she came back...

Wait a minute, is something going to happen that I won't be prepared for? If so, please let it be something good and not bad.