Chapter 26 Betraying The Bear

A/N: Thank you so much yacky125 for the incredible Marionette model. It's friends like you who keep me motivated!

( night 4, 11:57 pm)

Madeline's POV

I sat in the filthy office alone. It was strange that Marionette wasn't already here when I arrived. It's still not 12 yet so he's able to get out of his box. Maybe he doesn't want to. Does he not want to see me tonight?

I shrugged my shoulders and turned on the tablet. Maybe Marionette can't get his box open or something. I clicked on camera 11, Marionette's box was left untouched. The box's lid was shut also.

Oh well, I'll just not wind it and he'll come out hopefully. The phone rang. Even though I knew it was going to be another boring message from Phone Guy, I decided to listen to it. The time may go by faster if I have half of my attention on him. And the other half of my attention on the cameras. I know Marionette said he would protect me and all, but even with him around I'm some what terrified, not by him, but with the others.

"Hello? Hello? Uh, hey there! Night 4!
I told you you'd get the hang of it!"

"Yeah, I made it...thanks to Marionette"

"Ok, so uh, just to keep you updated on things. There may be an investigation going on so the place will have to close for a few days"

"An investigation? Why?". Then I remembered. Since Marionette and the others have been killing guards, they probably have missing reports. Wait, where do they hide the bodies? I shivered and focused on the show stage camera.

"I want to emphasize though that it's just a precaution. Fazbear Entertainment denies any wrong doings. These things can happen"

"I don't think it's normal to have an investigation going on in a kids' restaurant but hey, that's only my opinion"

"Um... It'll all get sorted out. I'll be sure to keep you posted"

"Okay, who had this job when this was all going on? I'm sure who ever it was they probably really needed mon-

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" I screamed when I got tackled and was smashed down to the floor.

I opened my eyes and saw Marionette, holding my arms down. Then, he began laughing. I sighed of relief. He scared me to death!

"You should have seen your face when I screeched! It was priceless!" He shouted and began laughing as he got off of me. I rolled my eyes and got up.

"What is wrong with you? You don't do that anymore! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I yelled and put my hand on my chest, feeling my heart pound.

"I'm sorry but I just had to do that! I wanted to see if you were prepared for anything. Guess you're not." Marionette told me, he was still slightly laughing but put his hand over his mouth to quiet down his laughs.

"Well I didn't get a news flash that a puppet was going to tackle me!"

"Phone Guy told you that strange things happen in the night. You should have considered that a warning."

"I hate that guy! All he does is stutter! Then, he talks about things I don't even know about! Like, what's with the investigation? Did they find anything?"

"That investigation was about two years ago. People came and they didn't find any clues or traces of the missing guards. We hide them very well I must say"

I gulped. Goosebumps covered my arms. I'm wondering where they do keep the guards. I mean, if top detectives can't even find them, then they are probably hidden where no one would ever look. I know I'm about to regret this...