Chapter 20 A Not So Pleasant Reunion

(Monday night at 11 pm)

Madeline's POV

I stood at the pizzeria double doors with my back back over my right shoulder. I thought I could study for up coming tests while I watch over the place. I really doubt someone will try to break in and rob something.

I grabbed the handle and pulled the door open. When I walked inside, I put my night watch cap on. I glanced over at the three bots on the stage and gave a friendly wave. Even though I don't want them to notice me, I still want to give off friendly vibes. Except, they didn't look to friendly when I did that. I shrugged it off and walked to find Mr. Freddy. I know where his office is by heart so I won't make the same mistake I made last Friday.

When I was just about to knock on the door, the handle turned. Mr. Freddy came out with what looked like a fake smile on his face when he saw me.

"Ah, there you are Madeline, ready for your office tour?" He asked me with a nervous and scared tone. What has him so jumpy?

"Ready as I'll ever be" I replied. Mr. Freddy nodded and walked down the hallway. I followed behind, noticing that he kept checking his watch and mumbling under his breath. I couldn't quite catch what he said, but I thought I heard him say something about speeding things up so he could leave before 12.

We both walked into a dusty office. There wasn't a door we had to open to get inside. Just a passage way where anyone could be welcomed to come inside. When I walked in further, I noticed two vents on the floor. What looked like Christmas lights were hung on the ceiling near the open passage way, like they've been ripped down or something. Above that were two alert triangles. I wonder what those mean.

The smell of this room was awful. It kinda smelled like a rotting corpse. I gaged at that, making Mr. Freddy turn around and look at me strangely.

"Everything alright miss Hunter?"

I controlled my gags and nodded. "yep, I'm okay! Just eager to start!"

"Okay then, first things first, these two vents have lights that can be turned on and off by these buttons. There should be a flash light on the desk you can use to check down the hall along with a Freddy Fazbear mask, which you'll figure out what you need to do with it at 12. Also, listen to that phone, it'll give you some good information you need. You got all that?"

I nodded, "check the vents, cameras, and hallway, and listen for the phone to ring. Got it!"

Mr. Freddy checked his watch for the millionth time. His eyes widened and he stumbled over to the entrance. "Okay Madeline, I should head out. Be careful tonight okay?"

"Um, okay, bye" I watched the man go down the hallway. Then I heard the double doors shut and lock. What was wrong with him? He seemed so strict about everything, but why?

Oh well, maybe he's just stressed about something.

I sat my back pack down on the floor and pulled out my science textbook. I dropped it on the table that made a loud thud sound. As I sat in my black chair, I looked around my office. I noticed some red marks on the floor where my feet were. It looked like hardened liquid.

"Please tell me that's ink" I said in disgust to myself. I heard a chime and the phone rang. It beeped once, then a male voice was heard.

"Uh, hello, hello, hello? Uh, hello welcome to your new summer job at the new and improved Freddy Fazbear's Pizza."

"Okay? It must be prerecorded since it's not summer. And what with this new and improved pizzeria? I only thought they had this one"

"Uh, I'm here to talk you through some things you can expect to see during your first week here and to help you get started down this new and exciting career path"