Chapter 60: Summoned

Author's note:
Sorry for not publishing a chapter yesterday! I'll be publishing two today! This chapter contains a my version of Snape's monologue in the great hall.

I do not own this monologue and all rights go to J.K.Rowling.

Rowling

Draco:

I watch her hurrying away, down the dark corridor and turning the corner to her dorm, just in time.

I hear the common room door slam open a second later and heavy footsteps making their way in. The voices now more controlled, yet ringing loudly in the quiet place.

I take a step further into the corridor, to reach the top of the stairs. I hear more doors opening, more students now aware of the presence in the lower comms.

From the shadows of the stairs I can make out Professor Slughorn and Amycus. Slughorn's face is panicked, his body twitching from fear.

A dorm room opens behind me, the door creaking making me jolt and turn.

"What's going on?" A whispering Blaise asks.

"I don't know"

I turn back towards the two men as more and more doors creek open in the dorms corridor. Faces peering out to make out the source of the sudden noises.

I take a step forward, and climb down the first two step on the staircase. The noise of my steps startling the two. Amycus turns towards me, and begins to walk in my direction, up the stairs.

We meet half way down the stairs. He glares at me with a disgusted look.

"Get dressed. The headmaster requests all students up in the great hall." He spits, licking his teeth.

"Why?" I challenge.

"Don't ask questions and do as I say"

His eyes narrow, his face getting closer to mine in challenge.

He continues walking up the stairs, hitting my shoulder as he passes.

I stand not able to move yet, staring down at Professor Slughorn. He's pacing the room, his breathing loud enough for me to hear. His eyes meet mine for an instant. He freezes, lips parted in surprise at being watched and breaks the gaze, continuing his pacing.

-

It took Amycus less than five minutes to get everyone out of the common room, leading us up the stairs in a formation of rows of four. Like dead empty bodies walking down the castle's corridors. The rhythm of footsteps thudding up the moonlit corridors terrifies me. I turn my head to find Maeve. I have not seen her yet. But Crabbe, who's just behind me stumbles on me as my paces slows to look for her.

"Mate, what are you doing?"

I turn back and resume my walking. Heart pounding in my chest. My palms sweating. The tie around my neck starting to choke me.