Chapter 64: Recovery

Maeve:

Muffled footsteps on the soft grassy ground are growing louder from afar. I turn my head, my arms still loose around Draco.

Blaise is walking towards us. He pauses as he sees us three looking. He regains speed. He dives his arms over both of them.

I stand aside for a moment, still holding onto his hand.

"Potter did it. Vol- Voldemort's dead" Nott speaks, as if he doesn't believe his own words. Not fully convinced of the truthfulness in his statement.

"It's over... It's over" Draco breathes with a struggling groan.

A cold stream of electricity fills me.

It can't be.

"Over" I hear his sickly voice ringing in my head.

He whimpers as Nott moves slightly.

"Mate." Blaise bursts out.

"That- I..." he stutters

I feel Draco's body weakening, his legs giving out. He winces painfully.

"He's hurt. We need to go inside" Nott calls.

I take a deep breath in, still clutching my hand to his.

Nott's arm tightens around him, still determined to support him into the house.

Isy and Aria are standing on the edge of the entrance, their expression tense.

"Thank god you guys are alright" Aria bursts out.

"What happened to your arm?" Isy cries.

"I'm gonna need to see that. Sit"

Nott cuts in as we step inside, passing through the two. We make our way into the living room.

"It's fine." Draco grunts

"You are loosing too much blood. You need Dittany."

Draco doesn't retort. He sits down on the couch, I next to him, but I can barely stand the sight of him, too terrified to look. The pungent smell of blood is overwhelming.

"Help him with his shirt" Nott orders while looking for something in one of the living room cabinets.

I swallow my fear away. I turn to Draco, his eyes shut tightly in pain, head lent back. I get closer, slowly. I let my fingertips unbutton his collar.

I hear Aria and Isy walking backwards, to the end of the room.

I work down to his chest, down to his belly. My hands are shaking.

Smaller cuts and bruises reveal on his chest as I part his shirt open. I place a hand on his shoulder, helping him lift his back to remove his sleeve.

Half his chest still covered by the soiled shirt.

I look at his arm and whimper. Heavy drops of blood flowing out of the gaping cut.

My stomach feels vacuumed into a void.

"N- Nott.. Ther- There's so much blood." I stutter. My entire body is shaking, my stomach instantly emptying.

Nott's steps towards us, sitting himself on the coffee table in front of the couch, facing him, holding a vial with some brown looking substance in it.

"This stings" He states flatly.

As the drops from the dropper fall on his open flesh Draco lets out a grunt sounding from this throat. His breathing quickens, body slightly arching backwards as a reaction of the burning Dittany gives.