Chapter 68: Malfoy

Maeve:

I walk out, pulling the door close behind me. Walk down the four steps leading down to the small iron gate and into the street. I keep a quick pace, I turn right into Abbotsbury Road. Streets still covered in a pale glaze. I walk faster towards the park, but as I cross the street I startle. A figure so out of its usual surroundings, it makes me feel uneasy. Draco in London, waiting for me on the pavement of a busy city, hands in his pockets a faint smile on his face. It's almost as if he came from the past, into a world of latin poetry and castles.

"Hey." His beam as wide as ever, as I get close.

"Hey" I greet back.

His hand reach my hair, pulling it, as usual, behind my ear. He kisses me, carelessly of who's around. He doesn't bother to look. He just kisses me, delightedly.

"This place is beautiful" He utters, bringing an arm around me.

I turn to look around me.

"Yeah. It is" I mumble.

"You are beautiful" He ends with an other kiss.

"Are you ready?"

"Mmh-mm" I nod, although the idea of meeting his mother, it terrifies me.

The idea of them knowing, even if his father is not around, it unsettles me.

"Take my hand" He asks as we turn a more secluded corner.

I trust him.

-

My head keeps spinning long after we arrive at the Manor's gate. The spring light and blossom had no effect on this place. It's still darkened, gloomy. Exceptionally unwelcoming.

His hand still on mine, he starts walking forward, the gate simply liquefying at our passage.

"Draco.." I call.

He stops and turns to me. I breathe in, looking at the manor.

"You are gonna be fine. She'll love you" He smiles sweetly.

"Do you trust me?"

I nod again. Fighting back the feeling of anxiety.

I remember the smell of musk from the last time I was here. The manor seems even larger now. We reach the entrance which unsurprisingly opens of its own accord.

An house elf meets us. He doesn't speak, instead he just bows deeply and lets us in.

I turn to Draco, he smiles cooly, and raises his hand to allow me in.

The walls are high, the many doors and the staircase in the middle of the reception room dive my thoughts back to the ball. I shiver.

Quick, clicking steps coming from the far end of the corridor on the right, makes us both turn around.

"Oh dear! Here you are!" Mrs. Malfoy is hurrying towards us, arm extended, a wide beam on her lips.

"Hi mum" Draco greets her quite composedly.

She places her hands on my shoulders, pulling me closer, kissing both my cheeks.

"It is so nice to meet you, Maeve"

"It's nice to meet you too Mrs Malfoy" I smile back at her.

"Oh no. Call me Narcissa."

I shift my eyes to Draco, quite unsure on how to act. A smile forming on his lips too.

"Would you like some tea?" She asks, her smile still beaming.

"I'd love tea" I thank her.

"Holly, some tea"