A/E - Chapter 59: Sickness

Author's note:

Hello everyone! I am so excited to be sharing this with you! This is an alternative ending (A/E) to the story. If you'd like to read this ending, when you reach chapter 58, jump to here and read from here on!

I am so so happy to be writing again! I had a rough last couple of months and coming back to this feels so great.

This ending was particularly dear to me. It was the ending I had planned from the beginning, but was too scared to go on with it.

It is a sad ending, one which doesn't see a happily ever after.

You can absolutely read both, and choose which to believe.

I hope you'll enjoy it!

Love,

C.B.

Meave:

Spring never came this year. The sky stained with constant ashen clouds. The air still bitter, surrounding everything with a glaze of sorrow.

As April arrived, the passing of time slowed down. It's been three weeks since we met in the room of requirement and being near him is starting to be painful. Denied of him.

The hostility between Nott and him is still tense. They ignore each other at all times and the others have started to notice.

Draco and I can only find time to be together when the common room is empty. Not daring to get too close to each other in fear of being caught.

His paranoia growing stronger.

I spend most of my time in the dorms, either studying, or, as it happened often, just staring out the window, into the lake, waiting for time to pass. The coin always tight in my hand.

My nightmares came back, draining me of all energy, keeping me up at night and waking me up to nausea and vomiting. I feel constantly drained, always sick.

When I woke up this morning, feeling suffocated, my head feeling underwater, I barely made it to the toilet.

"You look like shit"

"Thanks Aria"

I stare down at my porridge, gagging only at the thought of putting that in my mouth.

Holding my head, playing with the fork on my plate I await for her to be done eating before heading down to Herbology.

I look around me, the hall silent. Even colours seem to have lost their vibrance.

I feel as though the new regime had sucked the energy out of everything and everyone. Like a hungry dementor, sucking the soul out of anything that moves.

Blaise and Nott are a little further apart from us. By now Aria and Blaise would know what happened between Draco and Nott and probably agreed to keep us all apart.

My eyes fall on Draco, as always at the end of the table, but this time he's quiet, not speaking. A dazed look on his face as if his mind had been clouded with thoughts.

"I can't eat any more of this. Let's go" Aria finally speaks disgusted.

-

A deadly cold wind replaced what should be a breezy, fresh spring air. Little difference can be felt from January as we walk to greenhouse three. The only change being in the lack of snow, which at least made everything everything a little more peaceful.

War feels imminent. The end inches from falling upon us yet professors still take NEWTS with the same importance as ever. It all seems surreal. I feel as though their impassiveness towards the circumstances in in which we are, is a fighting mechanism to allow them and us students to have a sense of familiarity, of safety, whilst the rest of the world is crumbling down outside each classroom's walls.