Chapter 24: Stained

Draco:

Draco:

The night is tense. Everyone here is. After making sure Maeve joins back unnoticed, I walk around the manor, on the library's corridor.

This specific one in the north wing is older than the rest in this place. No one comes to this part of the house anymore and it has been left almost rejected. But I know this side well, the library being here. Other than that tho, the many unused rooms now serve the pure purpose of being left there, to dust up.

I hear noises, no one should be here. I hide in the shadow of an alcove but hear nothing more. As stand here in the darkness, I think of her. I haven't had her for a while and just looking at her made all this feel lighter on me.

I walk back into the hall and look for her on the spot. However, something else, at the back of the ballroom, catches my eyes.

Two slytherins from our year are at the back of the room. Two men cloaked in black robes approach them. They speak for a brief moment, and they stop quite abruptly. They look around at once, inspecting the room. They all turn in unison, leaving the room unnoticed.

My eyes search the place for anyone seeing this with me. And yet again, the same scene repeats itself with Charles, an other seventh year I sometimes speak to. He's being taken away but he tries to fight it. I remember himself telling me this would happen.

I want to pretend it's not true. I need to find Maeve and warn her. She needs to leave now.

My eyes find her as she walks just out of the back door of the hall, I follow her keeping a distance.

I find a glass door to the back garden. I move closer keeping my eyes on her. She stands outside, facing out to the forest. Not moving.

I can tell she's looking up at the sky. My lips part slightly as I am completely blinded by the way she looks. I approach the door.

Her hair wavy hair resting on her open back. She turns as if my stare touched her. I close my mouth, waking up from my thoughts.

"Draco" She calls, taking a step closer to me.

"Maeve you have to go. Now."

I grab her, before she can say a thing.

"Draco what is going on?" She pants, her eyes are fearful.

I ignore her. I turn a corner, we are in an archway covered by shadow and ivy.

"Listen, it's happening. Remember what I told you back at Hogwarts? They are rounding us."

My heart is racing. I have to hide her.

"Please. Maeve. You need to listen to me"

Her mouth is gaping lightly, she's trying to find words to say.

"I'm sorry" I say.

I hear a noise.

"You need to go now" I urge her.