Chapter 8

Hiya everyone I am back! So yes my test is over but alas we are given assignments now. Anyways let us continue back to the story everyone. Without further ado.

Glossary 

Innikie- today

irruke-got

tidirnu-suddenly

pa/appa- dad

ma-mom

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

6 month's later

Saritha waved goodbye as the car zoomed away, leaving dust and sand behind. She nods to the guard as she walked inside the building.

Children's were playfully chasing each other around in the playground. Some school kids were cycling while a couple of college girls sat on the bench giggling and whispering as they discreetly eyed a group of hunks with bikes near the large tree. An older couple was sitting on the bench with their toddler grandchild while a group of aunties were loudly talking about a serial they were all watching.

Saritha smiled to herself and pressed the lift's button, tapping her heels slightly as her eyes watched the LCD screen light up as the lift came down from the 3rd floor. When the lift open, two guys stepped out while pushing each other playfully.

Saritha stepped into the lift and close the door after pressing the number 6. *Ding* The lift opened, and Saritha stepped out before taking an immediate right. She walked along with the hallway, keeping a straight face as the neighbouring tenants' maids were gossiping in front of one of the neighbours' houses.

When she reached the last door on the right, she swiped her card and opened the door and bend down slightly, placing her heels on the rack right by the door.

The television was switched on, and Saritha could hear voices whispering in the living room. ' Anusha's colleagues must be here again.'

Saritha sighed and walked towards the living room, thinking to greet them before locking herself in her room. However, when she reached the living room, she stood facing the guest in shock.

" Yengele innum nyabagam irruka?" ( Still, remember us ?)

Saritha swallowed her saliva as she stared into the elderly woman's eyes. She gave a confused look to Anusha, who grimaced at her. Saritha's tongue leapt out and wet her lips. She scratched her head a little before giving a small smile.

" What are you doing here madam?"

Lakshmi Raghavendra stared at Saritha with an angry look. She tucked her hands together against her chest and glared at Saritha.

" What am I doing here? Nee inge yennadi panre! Yandi unna naanum yen payanum appidi yenna koduma padithitum ? " - ( What am I doing here? What are you doing here? Have my son and I tortured you ?)

Saritha sighed and wiped her face. She walked to the shelf and placed her briefcase on top of it. She slings her handbag on the wall before opening her hair and brushing it with her hands, and then tied it back into a bun.

" Anusha coffee yethum kudutiya ?"- ( Anusha, did you serve them coffee)

Anusha swallowed her saliva and shook her head. She opened her mouth to reply when Lakshmi huffed and spat out, saying, " Ippe coffee than rombha mukiyama! " -(Is coffee that important now)

Saritha exhaled her breath and walked inside the kitchen. She filled the electric kettle with water and placed it on its pad, and switched it on. While the water was boiling, she opened the cupboard and took out three mugs and a serving tray.