Chapter 30

Saritha placed a blanket on Anusha as the girl curled up on the bed sleeping fitfully. She pat her hair and placed a small kiss on Anusha's forehead before walking out of the room closing the door shut slowly.

Saritha swallowed her saliva and walked towards Anirudh before kneeling infront of him and sobbing on his lap.

" Saritha...hey...its ok...we will help her."

Saritha cried and hugged his knees murmuring something under her breath making Anirudh exhaled his breath. He gently caught her arms and pulled her up, placing her securely on his lap. Saritha sniffled and placed her face on his neck making the rockstar rub his forehead.

" Yenathan di nadantuchu ?" -( Exactly what happened to you?) Saritha sniffled and looked at him with bloodshot red eyes. She narrated everything that Anusha told her.

Anirudh's face turned red. His fist clenched together, jaw ticked as he bared his teeth listening to the story. When Saritha finished telling the tale, he cursed out loud and slammed the couch.

" How the bloody!-"

" Yenge amaithiya irrunge...mothele Nelson eh kupdunge-" -( Dear, stay calm...call Nelson please)

Anirudh growled and rubbed his forehead. He placed Saritha gingerly on the couch and stood up.

* "Hello sir ? Ah director irrukara ? Oh...shit...ille sir konjam personal problem avarukude...ama...avare konjam sikirama vara solunge..."* -( Hello sir? Is director Nelson there? Oh Shit...I see no... no it's a personal issue but urgent, Can you ask him call me ?)

Anirudh slammed the phone on the couch and growled flipping his hair back. Saritha sighed and walked to him tentatively, touching his back softly looking at him with a small face. Anirudh gave her a small smile and hug her waist.

" Its ok, we can solve this...pesame avala ooru ke po sollu." -( Its ok we can solve this, Just ask her to go back to her village)

Saritha shook her head and moved away from him.

" No, ava ooru ke pona ava chitti avala adiche savaadichiruvange ! Ippe avaluku safe ana place inge thaan but-" -( No her stepmom will cause her to harm if she goes back. This is the safest place for her now)

Anirudh squished his eyebrows together. He pursed his lips into a thin line staring at Saritha who was rubbing her arms together.

" Ama, ava amma vantu avaluku oru 5 years and Anna ke oru 10 years mothu yerunthutanga...athuku apron avalode appa innoru marriage and her chitti never liked her...ava hostel le than valantha ape ape ooru ke pova..." -(Her mother died when she was 5 and her brother was 10 years old. Her father then remarried and her stepmom always abused her. She basically grew up at a hostel and only goes back to the village when her family summon her)

Saritha started crying and blaming herself for not being a good friend. Anirudh sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. He gathered her in his arms and pat her back gently.

" Baby...please...you have to be strong for her now...ava rombha fragile state le irruka...hmm...come wipe your tears." -

Anirudh cradled her face and gently wiped her tears away. Saritha rubbed her forehead and got up, pacing up and down the hall.

" I dont like the way the neighbours talk earlier...iva ingge thaniya irrukarathu yeneke seri padale-ge..."( I dont like the way the neighbours talk earlier.. I don't think its good for her to stay alone here)

" Seri namma veetuku kutitu povuma ?" (Ok, shall we take her to our house?)

Saritha shook her head making him frown.