Chapter 22

Anirudh sat on the floor of his composing room waiting for SK to write out the lyrics.

" Sir, Nels enge kaanom?" (Sir, where's Nel?)

" Ille sir, inga irunthaple...oru call vantutum apidiye escape panitaru..." (He was here for so long, just left as he got a call..)

Anirudh chuckled rubbing his forehead. SK smirked looking at him making the rockstar jut his chin out.

" Yen sir apidi parkuringe ?" (Why are you looking at me like that?)

" Ille five days inge than stay pole ? " (Looks like you're planning to stay here for 5 days?)

Anirudh rolled his eyes. " Ama sir, veetuku pona amma yethachum keppanange...Appa vere semme kovathula irrukaru..." (Yes sir. If I go home, I'll have it from my parents.. They're already angry on me )

SK sighed and inhaled a deep breath.

" Yen Ani, pesame call sheet adjust pannitu wife kude pogavendiya thane ?" (Why didn't you just adjust your call sheet and accompany your wife on her trip?)

" Tsk! Mudiyathu sir...ange ponana...aprom MBA class mothu iddikum...parunge 3 naal nu sonna...ippe parunge innum varale " (Because it'll clash with my MBA classes.. She said three days and still hasn't returned)

" Yenna problem ? " (What's the problem?)

" Hmm teriyele...first 2 days call panna...aprom nethu call kaanom..." (I don't know.. She called me on the first 2 days of the trip but nothing after that)

" Yenji ninge call panna vendiyathane ?" (Why don't you call her instead?)

Anirudh pursed his lips looking at the wall. SK sighed, shook his head and resumed penning down his lyrics. The door opened and Nelson walked inside with a worried looking Anusha.

" Anusha?"

" Did she call you ? " she asked wiping her forehead.

" No...why ?"

Anusha sighed and shook her head.

" Ninge call paningala?" (Did you try calling her?)

" ille, yen ava thana yepothuvum call pannuva aprom yenna..." (why.. usually it'll be she who calls)

" Oh for Hell sake! Ungaluku konjam kude akkarai illeya ? 3 days nu sonnale..ippe 4 days aguthu...nethu le irunthe phone panle solringe...ava yethum trouble le irrupa nu kude yosikala ?" (Oh for hell sake! Aren't you concerned about her? The trip was for 3 days but it's 4 days already. And she hasn't called or returned anyone's call from yesterday)

Anirudh furrowed his eyebrows. His lips pressed into a thin line, eyes narrowing at Anusha.

" What happened ?"

Anusha snorted and snarled at his face before stalking away. Nelson sighed and rushed behind her asking Anirudh to follow.

" Anusha...sollu...unmaile avaru busy ah than irrukaru..." (Anusha.. He was really busy with work)

" Ama Nelson, ipidiye irrukatom...Saritha tiripi varale nalum ivaru santhosam thane !" (Good for him.. He'll be happy even if she doesn't return)

" Enough...I thought she was busy...Anusha what happened?"

Nelson rubbed his forehead and looked at Anusha. The young girl crossed her arms across her chest.

" Ava patti ke odambu seriyele, hospital le irrukange...athan ava poi parkalam nu ponna...but her family didnt allow her to see her...athuku aprom yenthe news teriyele..." (She went to visit her grandmother who is sick in the hospital.. But her family didn't allow her to... there's no news of what happened after that)