Chapter 37

*Ding Dong*

Anusha growled and walked slowly from the kitchen. Her face morphed into a scowl as she opened the door

" Deyh!-" Anusha's eyes turned wide, her eyebrows raised and mouth opened wide as she gasped "- Saritha...Uncle...".

Ravi Raghavendra frowned, looking at the sheepishly blushing girl infront of him, he turned to face his daughter in law who shrug her shoulders and looked at her friend. Anusha quickly opened the door wide and gestured them inside blushing slightly.

" Anusha...yenna ma achu ?"

Anusha exhaled her breath and shook her head. " Onnum ille Uncle...neege vange...naa poi coffee yedutu varen"

Ravi Raghavendra chuckled and shook his head. " Coffee lam vena ma...va vanthu okaru...unne partutu polam thane vanthen..."

Anusha gave a small smile and sat down opposite of Ravi. The elder man smiled and asked her on her health and work. Anusha replied back and the conversation turned towards Vaishnavi's bangle ceremony preparation and Ravi scehedule and many more meaningless conversation when the door bell rang again.

Anusha sighed and rubbed her forehead. Saritha tilt her head and told Anusha to sit down before walking towards the door. She opened the door and rolled her eyes, her eyebrows raised seeing a lungi clad Nelson holding a basket of vegetables and fruits. 

" Yen Nelson, unge veetle kaikari vetratuku knife illenu borrow panna vanturikingala ?"

Nelson gave a nervous chuckle and shook his head.

" Naa -"

Saritha exhaled her breath and stopped him at the door before turning her face towards Anusha and jerking her chin. Anusha scowled and nod her head making Saritha hide her smile before looking at Nelson. She pushed the door wider and beckoned the man inside.

Nelson gave a small smile and walked inside. Ravi Raghavendra looked at the director who promptly made his lungi to cover his legs and gave a sheepish grin.

" Nelson..."

" Sir! Vanga vanga ...yeppe vantinge...irrunge coffee-"

Anusha cleared her throat, her arms crossed over her chest as she scowled at him.

" Hello mister, vegetable bag ange vechitu kelembunge..."

Nelson sighed and walked resignedly towards the dining table and placed the bag.

" Um naa fruit kude vangitu-"

" Saritha anthe aala po sollu..." Anusha said frowning as she looked at the wall. Saritha sighed and looked at Nelson who swallowed his saliva and left out of the apartment. Saritha closed the door and walked towards Anusha who was fuming in anger.

" Yennadi achu ?"

Anusha took a deep breath, her nostrils flaring as she exhaled her breath loudly.

" Inthe manushan panre nonsense ke alave ille! Ithu pathatu nu anthe loose aunty vere!"

Saritha sat on the couch laughing while Ravi Raghavendra chuckled watching the affronted expression on Anusha's face. The pregnant woman's face turned rosy, her nose turning slightly red as she scowled and pinched Saritha's arms.

Ravi Raghavendra cleared his throat, morphing his face into a serious look.

" Anusha, is he troubling you ? "

Anusha rubbed her forehead and sighed.

" Uncle morning le naa bucket veliya vechitu, door ah saturathu kulle, yennode bucket yeduthu mele poitaru...ange yennana anthe veena ponna aunty athey nerathula thooni kaiya potutu irunthanga...ithule inthe manusha yeneke ange tidirnu morning sickness vanthuchu anthan help panaru oru poi vere! Aprom yenna tho konjam munadi, vegetables vendor vantutaru solli kille polam na, lift munuke yennode basket te tiriditu inthe aalu staircase le escape pani oditaru.!"