Chapter 44

It has been 2 months since the bundle of joy had arrived. Life went on as usual for Saritha and Anirudh. They were both focused on their respective careers and intertwine their personal life together. As always Saritha and Anirudh do have their daily bickering and argument but their bond increased and they support and trust with each other also increased. Saritha also with the support of Anirudh began pursing her PHD part-time as she continued working in the university.

After the successful award ceremony, many YouTube channels and television channel contacted Saritha to get her participate in an interview or their tv show. She however, declined the invitations and such was subjugated to certain rumours for a time being. This time however with Anirudh and his parents support, she managed to thwart the gossip mill.

************************************

Saritha entered the house and cooed, seeing little Harish laying on his stomach on the floor. She quickly bend down and carried the baby on her hips bouncing him softly as she cooed at him. The baby was babbling and making grabby hands at her earing as they walked towards the dining room where she can hear the hushed voice of her mother and sister in law.

Lakshmi immediately kept quiet when  Saritha walked in with Harish. Saritha frowned seeing her mother in laws expression. She turned to Vaishnavi who exhaled her breath and got up carrying Harish from Saritha's arms and walked away.

" Yenna achu attai ?"

Lakshmi sighed and rubbed her forehead. Saritha's eyebrows squished together, her mouth pressed in a thin line as she looked at her mother in law.
Lakshmi exhaled her breath audibly.

" Ani mele irrukan, nee po "

Saritha let out a disbelieved gasp as the woman's face turned pale. Saritha heart beat rose and she quickly went up to her room. She pushed the door opened and saw Anirudh packing clothes into a duffel bag. When the rockstar saw her, he swallowed his saliva and walked towards her with an impassive face. Saritha's heart trumped loud seeing his expression. A million thoughts pass through her head as he walked towards her.

Anirudh pulled her into his arms hugging her tightly. Saritha furrowed her eyebrow and pushed him away.

" Yennage achu ? Attai kude kile uname sollale,"

Anirudh rubbed his forehead. He took a hold of Saritha's shoulder and brought her gently to the bed. He sat down next to her and clasped her hands tightly. Anirudh began telling the news to Saritha holding her tightly as she wailed in despair.

Lakshmi walked into the room and hugged her daugther in law tightly as Saritha cried on her arms. Lakshmi wiped Saritha's eyes and pat her shoulders.

" Seri nee poi kulichutu ready aita vaa...namake iniki night flight..."

" Namaka..." Saritha sniffled and wiped her tears looking at Lakshmi and Anirudh.

Anirudh gave a short nod and kissed her forehead. " All of us are going, cheriya"

Saritha's eyes bulged, her reddish swollen eyes welled with tears. Saritha wailed hugged Anirudh's waist making the rockstar sigh and pat her shoulders.

" Ma ninge poi bags lam prepare pannuge...J will come with the tickets..."

Lakshmi wiped her eyes as she stood up, she gave a small nod and walked away sniffling. Anirudh sighed and hoisted Saritha up. He helped her into the shower and unbuttoned her clothes before turning the knob. The shower sprayed on the naked woman and Anirudh's own clothes became drenched as he helped her shower.

Anirudh covered her with a towel and pat her bum making her sniffle and walk out of the bathroom. He quickly discard his clothes and took a speedy shower before walking out of the room butt naked. He walked towards the towel rack and dabbed his body while Saritha was drying her hair. Anirudh changed into a round neck t shirt and a black jacket with blue jeans while Saritha wore a plain red short sleeved punjabi suit.