One short - Special

Saritha yawned and rubbed her eyes. Her right eyelids flutter up as her right hand wandered towards the small table next to bed.
She took her handphone, groaning slightly as she felt a strong kick on her abdomen. She let out a small sigh seeing the time 4.30 a.m. blaring on the screen.

Saritha huffed and pat her tummy before turning around the bed. Her eyebrows scrunched up and lips turned upwards as her hand pat the empty bed. Her mind chimed regarding her husband's whereabout causing her to sigh and swallow her saliva.  She pat her belly humming softly as she got up with difficulty.

She walked towards the bathroom and splashed her face with the icy water running from the tap. Saritha grabbed the blue towel from the rack, groaning softly as she inhaled her husband's musky scent as she wiped her face. She twirled her hair into a small bun before walking to the wardrobe, grabbing one of Anirudh's jacket and wearing them over her shoulders.
Her first destination was towards the twins room.

Saritha smiled softly as she walked towards the twins room. Her mind wandered towards a few memories from a  week ago.

*******Flashback began *******

Revant and Mihira was adamant to stay in the same room regardless of their father and grandmother's vehement rapprochement on that matter.

To make things worst much to Saritha's amusement, her baby boy was determined to sleep with his sister and brother as well.

Saritha shook her head fondly as she remembered an exasperated Anirudh forcing the boys the share a room while trying to coax Mihira to have her own room. Unfortunately Mihira fell into heaps of tears causing Ravi Raghavendra to mock scold Anirudh while Saritha giggled as she watched the show with a bowl of chips.  After a few hours of sobbing, wailing and biting, Anirudh escaped to his music studio leaving Lakshmi, Saritha and Ravi Raghavendra to handle the mischievous brats.

By the time their father came back home, the twins and their brother managed to cajole Lakshmi and stayed in the same room.

*******End Flashback*******

Saritha smiled softly and exhaled her breath as the memories tugged her mind. Her eyes widened as she opened the door knob softly and peered inside the room.

Revant was sleeping on his tummy with his bum raised up while Mihira tucked near his chest curling up near her brother. Saritha shook her head softly seeing the blankets on the edge of the bed. She walked towards the children, patting Revant's bum and then smoothing Mihira's eyebrows. Saritha's eyes crinkled as her lips curved into a small smile, placing the blanket on top of her precious twins. She turned around and switched off the Air cond letting only the fan to swirl around before walking out of the room.

" Ashmaan paiya yenge poitan," Saritha mumbled to herself as she walked along the corridor towards Lakshmi's room. Her eyes widened as she waddled towards the end of the corridor near the staircase. Soft giggling noise and a baritone voice was talking softly as flashes of white light spring around the wall.

She waddled slowly down the staircase, shaking her head seeing the television playing breaking bad to an empty seat of audience and a bowl of popcorn with a half filled coffee cup. She cleared the bowl and cup, holding it as she waddled towards the kitchen.

Saritha's eyes turned wide, her mouth curved upwards and her heart throbbed loudly watching the scene in the kitchen.

Her husband was back and he strode around the kitchen wearing a black apron and her favorite pair of spectacles on the bridge of his nose as he swiftly tossed a pancake. Ashmaan was seated on his baby chair giggling softly and clapping his hands with glee as he watched his papa stack another pancake on the plate.