thirty six

rule no.1 (cont.)

fae dalton/

rachel was sitting in the booth as we walked by. calum and luke were walked barefoot on the hot cement. they were jumping and squealing because their feet hurt. i sigh at their dorkiness.

since i'm pretty far ahead of them i open the door and hold it for them. rachel waved us over and i slid next to her. luke and calum sat across from us. she greeted us and we talked about the meet and greet.

"i'm so so sorry i had to miss it! i feel terrible!" she exclaims, her face turning red.

"no, it's fine. nobody missed you." i say and sip my iced tea. calum giggles.

"fae!" luke scolds.

"kidding, kidding."

a new waiter comes by asking for our order. he's pretty cute not gonna lie.

one of the best things about la is how damn cute the boys are. i mean, i know we're friends but does it get cuter than 5sos?

"um, may i please have a bagel and peanut butter?" i ask politely and fold up my menu.

"certainly." he starts.

"do they- uh, have stuff like that in ireland?" he laughs, flashing me a smile. i give him an odd look. is he.. like.. flirting? with me?

...
nice.

"awww haha! um, yeah. yes there are bagels in ireland. you should go one day!" i say, trying to flirt back. i can feel everyone's eyes on me. ooh this is so great, let's make a scene! the waiter flips his blonde hair.

"maybe, um, you could show me around, beautiful." he winks. i try not to laugh. this is the best thing that has ever happened to me. no, like i'm not taking him seriously but this is hysterical. calum and luke look like they're in pain. rachel hits my leg under the table. she's telling me to stop.

"can- uh, can we finish ordering?" luke asks very awkwardly. the waiter barely glances his way.

"yea, yeah sure, surfer boy." i snort. calum winces.

"he's got nicknames all around the board."

"i think we should go?" rachel offers, with a tone that suggests 'fae is going to hell.'

"soo, can i get your number?" he softly asks. i turn away to refrain from laughing. i kind of feel bad for luke because we're like almost kind of not really dating.

"um, can i get a bagel and peanut butter?" i retort, sharply turning to face him.

"apparently not, so me and squad are going to leave!" i say with mock excitement and push myself out of the booth. i move around him and pat his shoulder.

"oh, and also," i add for effect.

"that surfer boy, right there? he's my boyfriend, bitch!" i laugh and pull rachel's hand. calum and luke follow us out. rachel is hiding a giggle and calum is laughing as well. luke has a big smile on his face.

luke runs ahead and calls my name.

"hey, girlfriend." he jokes. i giggle.

"hey, surfer."

i pull my hair behind my ear and grin at luke.

"hey can we get hot dogs or..?" i ask calum, rachel, and luke. the diner was right on the beach and there was a food cart on the sand.

"do you like hotdogs?" i ask luke. remember, the list?

"uh, yeah i guess. i don't usually have them too often. it's so american." i laugh at his comment.

we order and luke offers to pay. i thank him and we all find a bench. rachel and calum are in their own conversation.

okay, i really need to complete this list thing.. but im not really sure how??

"so, do you like puppies?" i ask. wow, that was dumb. who doesn't like puppies?

"ha, yes of course."

"wow!! me too!! do you like pizza?" are you serious i need to ask better questions.

"fae, if you know of someone who doesn't like pizza.. you need to tell me immediately and i will get ashton to beat them up." he says seriously. i giggle.

"ashton would never beat anyone up, right?" i ask.

"well, i would like to think not, but once he punched michael-" he says, kicking his feet back and forth.

"honestly i trust ashtons judgement."

"and also once he almost fought this guy because at the time he was dating this girl, i don't know." he stops telling the story.

"would you ever get in a fist fight?"

"im like, a noodle, but if it really came down to it i would fight if i believed i was right."

"i agree. but also, i see why you're a musician those words rhymed and i think i just helped you write your next song."

"do you write?"

"i have. im not too good but that's ok because i like doing it." he turns and smiles at me. he has to squint because the sun is behind me.

"that's cool."

"im cool."

"you are cool, fae."

well, i think i can say we have more than a few common opinions and interests.

+
@faedalton: im so damn kewl u is tryna get luke me

@faedalton: @faedalton tHIS WAS SUCH A GR8 TWEET UNTIL IT CHANGED LYKE TO LUKE

@Luke5SOS: @faedalton I'm everywhere

+

HAHA I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER FINALS WERE LAST WEEK SO HAHAHAHAHA

sorry ive been gone tho! how have u guys been? done anything cool?

love u guys💟
-emery