angsty $eventeen

fae dalton(s of money) (get it ok keep reading)

also i like this chapter ;)

"l'brickeshaw smith?? your order is ready!" the worker at the nice cafe called out, in a rather confused tone, and i snickered. rachel gave me a nice little glare at my immaturity. But, as the great friend she is, she stood up to go get our two sandwiches anyway.

as she stands from our bar stool seats and walks away, someone else sits down.

"oh, em, sorry! someone's sitting there." i explain, turning my head towards the stranger and his firetruck red hair.

"what the fuck, michael?" i ask, loudly, gaining many looks from many strangers. michael just nods and gives a nice smile.

"so is someone sitting here or.. ?" he trails off. i look up at him, innocently.

"only your girlfriend, bitch." i say grinning and raising my eyebrows up and down. he frowns but is blushing anyway.

"she's not my girlfriend." he says defensively, yet rather playful.

"i'm telling your girlfriend you said that." i scold. i turn around seeing what took rachel so long when i see she had redone her hair, she so likes him.

"hi l'brickeshaw. what took so long?" i say, grabbing a pickle from one of the two plates she was holding.

"well, first he didn't believe my name was l'brickeshaw, which you know, its not!" she exclaims, yet keeping her voice down to be polite. she sits at the chair next to me and further from michael. he's just watching her with big eyes. i took a sip of the water she got me.

"and then i got his number." she says coolly.

i choked, almost spitting it out, i try covering it with a sneeze-yawn-cough type thing but i couldnt hide my shock. michael gives my back a hard pat and i try to hide my dissapointment. she must've really liked him because rachel doesn't just get any stranger's digits. silence follows.

"umm," i say awkwardly. trying to think of a conversation topic. "oh! michael, one: where's your band? two: how did you know we were here?"

he scratches his chin. "you know, fae, i'm not always with my band, ok? we can be at different places, okayyy??!!" i scoff, because i'm pretty sure thats not true. me and rachel are kind of like that though, so its relatable.

"but they're in the bathroom or something." he mutters and my smile grows.

"and i, honestly, had no idea you guys would be here." he states, eyebrows up, clearly lying, at least from what i know.

"bullshit." i say, and pop a fry into my mouth.

"true again, dalton! you sure you're not a lawyer?"

"yes sir. it's incorrect to curse in court." i say and he laughs again. rachel's silently sipping her drink.

"i follow one of those where's that famous person account, you know?"

my jaw drops. "IM ON ONE OF THOSE OH MY GOD MOM I MADE IT!" i say, jumping up and down, excited. rachel is anything but.

"fae thats dangerous." she rolls her eyes.

"no, mother, its cool!" great, she's pissed at me. why!?? this was extremely awkward.

bless their souls, the other three boys walk in and find us. i stand up to hug them all hello, and partially to get away from this situation. while hugging ashton i whisper,

"dude machel is being weird man! weeeirrrdd !!" he giggles a little bit and turns to look at them.

it's silent again, dammit.