nineteen

nineteen// fae dalton (THANKS FOR 1.4K IM YODELING)

"c'mon, fae, just eat the damn peach!" he exclaims, holding the fruit closer to my mouth.

"no." i say firmly. he's so persistent on getting me to eat the stupid thing.

"it's good, i had one!" he exclaims, adding a toothy grin, as if that would convince me. the wind does nothing to his hair.

"luke, no." i repeat, dodging his playful attempts to make me eat it.

"why not, you peach hater?" he pouts cutely and pops the fruit in his mouth. i hide a smile.

"i'm allergic."

"what?" he says, tearing his glance back to me. he looks confused.

"you're allergic to peaches? no way! im not buying it."

"i swear i am. i get like rashes and all itchy... so, yeah. im allergic to peaches." i laugh with him about my strange allergy.

we walked away from the peach cart and advanced through the long alley of vendors, occasionally stopping to buy strawberries or try a piece of watermelon.

we're nearing the end and i can faintly see the boardwalk when luke rams into me. i turn to him, looking at our matching sweater paws (it was damn cold) (where did luke even get the sweatshirt ??) and giggle a little bit.

i shove my shoulder back into him playfully and he steps in the way of a grouchy looking cougar type lady. she stumbles, making sure to keep her phone to her ear. she drops her bags of items but stays on the important call.

"okay, sweetheart. yes, ellen."

...

wait... ellen as in no show ellen?

maybe that was her mom? (or just a coincidence.)

"i went to dr. milstin and got your vitamin d deficiency pills." damn, ellen.

"you need to take them everyday. no excuses, ms. too cool for dates-nurse." she scolds, as if her purchases weren't on the street.

luke is brushing himself off and i laugh at him. he wasn't listening to (definitely) ellens mom's conversation.

she hangs up and stares me down. im so intimidated and feel so small under her deathly glare. but when she turns to luke things change in her attitude.

like, a lot.

"ooh," she purrs.

"i must've dropped these." she points to her bags and drops to the street. while on the ground she doesn't take her eyes off luke, who's patiently standing next to me (obliviously.)

"no, ma'am i ran into you." he blurts and i chortle. he doesn't laugh until he sees my grin.

"ma'am.. i like it..." she winks.

IS SHE FLIRTING WITH LUKE?? HAHAHA OH MY GOD.

i try to stifle my laughs at her raunchy demonstration but practically lose it at the sight of her 'accidentally' brushing Luke's foot. he pulls away suddenly.

at least one of Ellen's family likes luke.

(authors note: HAAHAHOK SORRY)

i grab his firm arm and pull him away.

"you were all over that one, yeah?" i say jokingly. his face turns red.

"what do you mean?" i laugh loudly and maybe obnoxiously. he looks at me laughing and blushes more.

we keep walking, despite the weather, along the beach. a girl leaves her family and runs to us.

"hi. ohmygod. adopt me." she breathes out, short brunette hair flailing.

"y'all are literally my otp. and everyone else's okay??!" she exclaims.

"what's an odt?" luke asks. i turn knowingly towards the girl. we share a wink.

"sorry, " i gesture for her name.

"belle." she smiles.

"sorry, belle. but me and lukey are just friends, isn't that right?" i look at luke and he just kind of shrugs. he blushes a bit more.

"besides, he's dating a cougar. plenty competition." she laughs even though she doesn't get what i say.

"you're very beautiful, belle." i tell her. she smiles.

"that's why your my favorite youtuber. you know just what to say to make a person feel special." she says. i try not to tear up. i engulf her in a big hug, rubbing her back a little as she also tries not to cry.

"well, of course! it's because you and every other youtube fan- or any fan for that matter is special! so i hope it makes you feel that way!"

we take a picture and follow her on twitter.

"belle, would you mind taking a picture of us? la is just too beautiful not to." luke finally says something other than a one word answer and her jaw drops.

i swear her eyes get bigger.

"you-you want me to take a fake picture?"

same-ari

"id like it if it were real." i joke, guffawing at my own statement.

luke and belle just give me strange looks.

"weirdo." luke mutters.

i stand by luke against the rocks and he surprises me by wrapping his arms around me. i follow.

we thank the squealing belle, who can't stop going on about her 'parents.'

we walk in silence.

"sorry." he finally says.

"uh-"

"i knew i shouldn't have done that. we're just- friends anyway so it shouldn't matter. just please for-"

"what'd you do?"

he opens his mouth to protest but stops after processing what i had said.

"well i hugged you in the picture. that's why you're mad... right?"

"im not mad at anyone, Luke."

"i like it when you say my name." he admits and i grin at him.

+

@faedalton: it's time you kno my darkest secret. im allergic to peaches.

@luke5sos: well isnt that peachy @faedalton

@michael5sos: idk where fae and luke are but im stranded with no car

@michael5sos: UPDATE: I found a Panda Express. i will live.

+

(bad) pic on side of fake cuddling at the beach how sweet

so like ... why was luke so awkward towards the end?? like abnormally awk??? hmm????

if you're a cougar vote for this chap

love ya to the moon and back,

emery