nine

nine// fae dalton

"so, you're telling me you've never been to the circus?" ashton asks, jaw wide open.

i shrug.

"clowns are weird and scary." i explain, pulling down my sunglasses and adjusting my striped towel on the hot sand.

"just like you." rachel snorts.

"and here i thought you were fun!" michael exclaims, hands thrown up above his head.

we were only in the water for about twenty minutes. everyone else thought it was too cold, though the weather outside was hot.

"god, la is beautiful." i murmur, turning on my stomach to face my friends.

a few hums of agreement sound.

i close my eyes, letting the past days catch up to me, feeling myself drown in the sunlight.

that was until i was flooded with numbingly cold water.

i quickly stand up, reflexes getting the best of me. i throw off my aviators and look down and my sopping white cover up.

i look up.

"lucas fucking hemmings."

his eyes widen and he sprints toward the water. oh no he didn't.

i chase after him, to no avail. his legs were probably like eight times longer. okay maybe not but you catch my drift.

i fein an injury and fall to the sand. i squeeze my eyes, making them water.

"luke! aghh" i softly whine, clutching my ankle. he turns around quickly, the large smile erased almost immediately. a worried look replaced it.

"oh shit, fae i'm sorry. oh this is all my fault. what's- what's wrong? what, uh, what should i do?" he asks helplessly, searching the beach for an answer.

"luke." i whisper, gesturing for him to come closer.

"i think," my fist encloses a large amount of wet sand.

"you're a bitch!" i throw the sand all over his hair

He looks up at me from underneath the wet sand dripping from his hair onto his body.

"MY HAIR, YOU BITCH!" he cries.

i start laughing at his absurd reaction before being picked up by a guy. he was tall and i had no clue who it was because i was draped over his shoulder, facing the ground.

"no one messes with lukey except me."

oh, it was only michael.

+

I JUST VERY MUCH SO LIKE MICHAEL CLIFFORD also gr8 another short chapter alksdf sorry

x emery