twenty six

fae dalton//

we enter the room slowly, rachel disapproved my idea of running to the gym and sleeping on the treadmills. so what? i don't like confrontation. a person who gets in as many awkward situations as i do, finds it easier to make a joke or two and bolt.

YEAH, I KNOW, IM NOT THE BEST @ RELATIONSHIPS.

anyway, rachel said hey and i fiddled with the ends of my shirt. she begins to say something, something probably smart, cute, and respectful. i interject.

"what's the difference between a guitar and a fish?" i ask over her. she rolls her eyes and i look towards the four boys. well, three, calum was wearing a lampshade on his head. no one says 'what.' hOw rude.

"you can't tuna fish!" i say and laugh at my own joke. i thought it was funny. whoo, i am a great friend. rachel doesn't laugh, michael chuckles and ashton kind of giggles. ashton pushes luke towards us.

"hey, fae, let's go talk!" he says, nervously. ah shit, i feel bad now. but i really dont want to talk.

"no, let's not talk! let's sing! let's get more food! watch a movie? play the silent game?" i ramble on and on, all while moving out of the room. okay, here we go. just be nice, fae. well, hold on, maybe he didn't even try to kiss me !

it's not so much about him kissing me, it's about what kissing would mean. it would mean more than friends. no way in hell would i be a friend with benefits but an actual relationship? AN ACTUAL RELATIONSHIP!!

luke holds open the hotel room door for me and i thank him, giving a small smile. we sit, not too far from where me and rachel sat.

"soo.." i start, acting naive. it didn't work.

"um, i, im sorry? i tried to kiss you, and like, usually im the type who asks before-"

"i knew it!" i interject. he grins kind of. he looks a little sad.

"first off, it's fine. im not mad. if anything, im confused, i guess. why didn't you ask?" i say, looking at anything but him.

"well-oh god, okay this isn't really manly and shit." he starts with. i finally look at him. i like his hair. i love his eyes. they're so blue and clear and pretty and wOw. his voice is nice as well, and i like his singing voice. my fav thing about him is his wardrobe, because let's be real people - he has the legs to work it.

i like how he laughs at my jokes and is nervous around me. especially how he cares about everyone.

but i just don't want to date him! is that so wrong?

"i-i didn't want to be rejected? like, i didn't want you to freak out and hate me because if i cant be your friend at least, then i wouldnt be as happy." he says, shrugging and fiddling his fingers.

"luke, we only met, what? three days ago? i hardly know you." i know that was a harsh point, but it's true.

"i don't know. it was dumb. im dumb. im sorry." he says and he looks deflated. i crease my eyebrows and swallow.

"no, please." my voice is weird and cracky, even though i wasn't crying. i hated seeing people sad.

"no, youre not dumb. youre brave. luke, im not right for you. i think we're good as friends, maybe even best friends. i mean, i know im a better friend than michael." i say, to lighten the mood. he looks at me and smiles. there's a lengthy pause.

"okay, cool. friends?"

"awesome, hella dope, rad, bad ass friends." i repeat and hook his arm through mine.

+

@Calum5SOS: Aha, there's a lampshade on my head

@Rachel_Chandler: @Calum5SOS shady

@Ashton5SOS: @Calum5SOS @Rachel_Chandler nice

@Michael5SOS: @Calum5SOS @Rachel_Chandler @Ashton5SOS YOUR LITERALLY SITTING NEXT TO EACHOTHER BACK IN MY DAY WE DIDNT USE THIS TYPE OF TECHNOLOGY

@Rachel_Chandler: @Michael5SOS **you're

+

sad luke made me sad too :-(

i really want them to date but idk how luke is going to convince her *sigh* well, ellen will have to do ;)

ayy thanks for 3.8k !!!!! have a gr8 day :-)