five

chapter five//fae dalton

"of course." luke said, when asked if he liked the movie.

"i mean, it was hard to watch when you constantly ask questions, but yeah, it was pretty good." he added. i push open the door of the theater, wind hitting my face.

we keep our heads down and shove our hands in our pockets. who knew la could get so cold? i let out a visible shiver.

"don't get me wrong. i'd totally offer you my jacket, but, well, i don't have one." luke says with a smile, blonde hair spiked around his head.

"im disappointed."

he looks up at my stern face.

"im really sorry, fae. if i had known then maybe-"

"oh my god! lucas! im kidding! you guys must be like super fans or something. ive never seen anyone so nervous"

he looks away and i feel bad for playing with his nervousness.

a long, relatively uncomfortable silence follows.

i try to fill the void with random talking, but as i start, luke decides to start too.

"sorry. you first." i say.

"no, no. you go."

"no. it was stupid anyway." i admit. i was going to say something about the weather.

"me and the boys really are huge fans."

i feel a large smile tug at my lips. i look down, slightly embarrassed.

"thank you so much. so uh, how'd you find my channel?" i was curious.

we cross the street and i struggle to keep up with his long pace. the wind blows me back.

he chuckles. "em, you have a video called like 'real life unicorn rainbow' or something?"

my hand flies up to my mouth.

"oh god that was fetus fae. yeah, it was called 'discovering the rainbow unicorn.'" i let out a chortle.

"yeah. michael was curious. and then we watched like eighty videos so" he trails off. i laugh again.

eighty videos?

that's hardcore.

"well, id love to meet them. how long are you in la?"

"three-ish weeks and then our tour starts! you?"

"three weeks and then back to dc."

my eyes get lazy and my legs heavy. i yawn.

"goddamn im exhausted."

luke smiles.

"i bet you 12 dollars michael is up." he tells me. i send him a look. there's no way. it's like 3 in the morning.

"you may as well give it up now, luke."

he hands me his phone, and dials his number. i press my ear to the phone.

it rings twice and he answers it.

"hey, you gettin it on with fae?" he asks.

"yes, actually." i respond, and see luke dance from the corner of my eye.

he seems to have dropped the receiver, for i hear a large clunk followed by a high pitched scream.

"michael? friend? you alright?" i ask, inspecting my nail.

"no. no im not. IM NOT OKAY" a breathless michael returns.

"ill give you a minute." i say, now facing my hotel.

a silence follows and he returns again.

"hello? fae? i love you"

"i love you too." i say, and smile.

"so, you know, you being up at the fuckin crack of dawn made me lose twelve dollars." i tell him.

"sorry. i don't ever go to sleep. im punk rock." i raise an eyebrow and look at luke.

"alright, im gonna go-"

"no wait!" he cuts me off.

"will you tweet me, please?" he asks and i giggle.

"ill make a special tweet just for you."

"bye faeee"

"hopefully ill meet you guys soon!" i say and hang up the phone.

i hand it back to luke, our fingers barely touching.

"he seems nice"

"his hair is bright red."

"um okay?"

luke giggles.

"well, luke, i hope to see you again sometime." i tell him sincerely and pull him in for a hug.

"could i uh, get your number?"

"what? no pickup line? once again, disappointed, but, sure."

i quickly put it in and get in the elevator, waving goodbye once more. before i get to our oddly decorated room i throw out the remains of my goldfish.

i jump into bed, not bothering to change, and hear rachel grumble a slight,

"what happened?"

i smile to myself.

"nothing at all."

i close my eyes, but jerk my head up, remembering to grab my phone.

@faedalton: @michael5sos heard you got red hair #punkrockmendontsleep #specialtweetforyou

-

ok i kno his hair isnt red rn but lets pretend, plus im sure it will be another shade of red soon.

do me a favor? comment "what team? wildcats" if ur an actual person reading this

ALSO THANK U SO MUCH FOR 75 READS WOWZA I LOVE U (id love u more if u would vote tho ...jk)

love u alot, em