three

three// fae dalton

im skipping down the street, singing justin biebers "baby" while rachel is vlogging.

"and this, ladies and gentlemen, is how the talented ms.dalton chooses to make her grand debut in la." i hear rachel say. i sigh and turn to her.

"lemme vlog yoyo." she reluctantly hands me the camera.

"'ello, so we're in la and so far it's not that cool." I pull a face.

"just kidding. its actually amazing. prettier than dc, and maybe ireland."

"what?? did fae just say something's better than ireland?? oh my god!" rachel gasps and has a fake panic attack.

"didn't say that, stupid."

i look into the camera.

"anyway, im not sure where we're going, im following rachy but i wanted to say thank you."

"your welcome!" rachel smiles from in front of me.

"not you."

"i reached 991 thousand followers on twitter, and i'm so, so grateful for you guys. honestly. and like, me and rach got to meet some of you guys today and it really does make me so happy." my voice hitches at the end.

"aw fae don't cry." she pouts.

"i just- you guys make me so so happy. and the fact that I make you happy too is really ... swaggy."

"ugh fae you were so emotional and heartfelt until you said swaggy." rachel whines.

"sorry."

"we love you guys, anyway, it's really late and we don't know where we're going so, see ya!" I shut off the camera.

"it's unbelievable how much i love each and every one of them, and i don't even know them personally."

rachel silently nods.

"so, where are we going?"

"i was just about to ask you that."

"call someone." rachel suggests.

i pull out my phone, it unlocks and automatically opens to twitter. the timing seemed right for a classic fae tweet so, why not?

faedalton: me and @rachel_chandler are wandering the streets. send help !!

"hey... what if we tried to find our hotel?" i offer.

"that's where i was going." she struggles with her suitcase.

"oh. so we're walking there?" i ask.

"no, we're swimming. of course we're walking."

"somebody fell off the happy tree and landed right in the angry bush." i sing.

"that didnt even make sense."

we finally made our way to our hotel. we quickly checked in and found our room. it had two beds, one bathroom, and a large window.

rachel almost immediately fell asleep.

i, on the other hand, was not tired. not at all.

"rachel, im going to explore. if im not back in two hours call the cops. actually don't." i whisper.

she faintly jerks her head, and i take that to mean she understood what i was saying.

i take the next elevator down, and my stomach growls. im starved.

the lady at the front desk tells me that there's a seven eleven open all night right next to the hotel, but otherwise everything is going to be closed. i thank her and exit the hotel.

warm air surrounds me, and the dark night sky contrasts with the budding street signs and city lights. i whistle to myself and look up at the run down shop.

so far, my impression of la is wonderful.

nothing in the aisles interest me except for goldfish and capri suns, so that's just what i get.

"allo." i say to the old man working the register. i hear the bell chime, signaling another customer is here at this time.

the old man is eying my selection.

"this is for my, erm, cousin. yeah, she's younger than i am." i stutter.

"where are you from?"

"dc." i say. he gives me a look.

"ireland." i fix my answer.

"that boy niall horan is from there." he tells me.

"um. yea, it's a pretty big country i guess so ya know, more than two people can be from there."

"do you know him?"

niall horan? one of the largest celebrities in the world?

of course not.

"of course."

his attention perks up.

"how?"

think fast, lets go, lets go. it's got to be clever yet believable.

"he's my brother." i blurt and then try not to laugh.

the man sends me a look.

"uh my cousin is really hungry so if we could ya know, speed this up." i gesture.

this is the most awkward conversation ive ever been apart of.

and im good at making things uncomfortable.

he starts to say something else, while scanning a bag of goldfish, but i pull out my phone.

"excuse me, i have to respond to this." i gesture and he nods.

ok no one texted me. sorry but my timeline on twitter was blowing up. what is this? did ellen degeneres finally tweet me?

nope, everyone is writing the same thing.

@faedalton how many bags of goldfish does your cousin need?

HOW DO THEY KNOW

i turn around and face the aisles, but i see no one.

@faedalton: i love you guys bUT HOW DO YOU KNOW IM BUYING MY BODY WEIGHT IN GOLDFISH

a cute laugh escapes from the back of the room.

scanning the store, i see no one.

i turn to the man.

"did you hear that? the laugh?" i whisper.

"sorry, i can't really understand your accent."

but we were like having a full conversation a while ago?

i scoff and peep over the aisle. i see nothing but a blonde kid holding up two boxes.

i look over his shoulder.

"oh. you're buying tampons? i'd go with those." i point to an especially girly box and he blushes, letting out a staccato laugh.

"fae dalton." i introduce myself and shake his hand, sitting down next to him.

"although, i guess you already knew that." referring to him tweeting about my goldfish.

"and you are?" i prompt.

"im luke hemmings."

-

id buy my body weight in goldfish js

ps next chapter is like my fav ok i love luke hemmings bye

dont forget that u are amazing and i love u (and calum hood but) much love, em

HEY EM? I HAVE A QUESTION. WOULD YOU BUY YOUR BODY WEIGHT IN CAPRISUNS?- ur dear friend, Ari

yes of course who wouldn't ??? ps double update like i promised. thanks for fifty ma bitchezz