Chapter 3

*Joey's POV*

After school ended, I grabbed my sister away from her friends and dragged her to the car. She had taken long enough. "What the hell?" She said angrily. "You take so long!" I complained. "I was talking. You can slow your ass down. I was born first, remember?" She said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and got into my car. Liz got into the passenger side. I pulled the car out of the parking lot.

I could see Liz glancing at me from time to time. "Would you stop?" I finally said. "Sorry." I parked the car in front of our house. Inside, I grabbed a banana and sat on the counter. Liz opened the fridge and threw me a soda, then grabbed one for herself. "So..." She began. I laughed. "Just tell me already!" She cleared her throat. "You know Emma Tiller?" I nodded. "Well, apparently she has a huge crush on you. Her friend Jeannine told me. But you can't tell Emma because she doesn't know that Jeannine told me. Besides, you don't like her anyways. You have a girlfriend."

"Well..." I looked down at my feet. Liz squealed. "You do! Oh my god! But what about Lauren?" I shook my head. "I need to cut it off." I'll do it tomorrow. Liz still stood there, looking happy but shocked. "Well, I'll leave you to your thoughts. I have a ton of homework, anyways. I'm going up to my room." She walked away, leaving me to my thoughts. I sighed, thinking about what I had to do tomorrow. And how I was going to tell Emma that nobody could know if we started going out. 

I went to bed early that night. I just wanted tomorrow to come so I could break up with Lauren. I was really nervous, which was odd, because I'd broken up with girls before. The next morning, I woke up to my alarm and groaned. I was not looking forward to today. 

I threw on jeans and a Hollister shirt, gelled my hair up into its normal position, and sprayed on my cologne. I grabbed my backpack and went to wait by the car for Liz. She came down about 10 minutes later. I got in the car and drove to school. Just before I got out of the car, Liz grabbed my arm. "You don't have to do this, you know. Jeannine could have been lying or..." I shook my head. "No. I have to do this. I can't lead Lauren on when I have feelings for someone else. Besides, this has needed to happen for a while." I walked in to school. As I was at my locker, I felt Lauren put her hand on my shoulders. 

Here we go.