Chapter Forty-Three

*Emma's POV*

After our third episode of Ridiculousness, the phone rang. I answered it. "Hello, Emma. This is Mrs. Gordon, manager of patient services. Would you and Danielle come down to dinner?" I glanced at the time. It was 6:30! We were supposed to be down there by 6! "I'm so sorry, we were watching TV, and got distracted." She laughed. "Oh, it's all right. But Danielle will be happy to know we are having chicken nuggets for dinner." I hung up, and told Danielle that we were late. She started laughing. "I've never been late on a chicken nugget night!" We slipped on our shoes, and Danielle led her way to the dining hall. Once there,  I looked around. I recognized some people, but not a lot. All of the kids here all had their own problems. Not all were depressed. Danielle and I got our food, and she led me over to what were apparently her friends. We sat down, and she introduced me. There was a boy that looked about Danielle's age, with bright red hair, a lot like Jeannine's whose name was Danny. I also met Rachel, Kirsten, and Kelen. I didn't know what was up with Rachel and Kelen, but Kirsten's wrists were also bandaged. She looked at me, and gave me a small smile. 

I ate my nuggets quickly, then went back into my room. Although I had been happy, I could feel myself slipping into a depressed mood. I fought back tears, and ran to my room. I ran into the room, grabbed my shower stuff, and went into the bathroom. I thought the hot water would help, but it didn't. I felt the same way as I did earlier. I combed my hair, and put on some fluffy pjs, even though it was summer. Danielle wasn't back yet, so I laid in bed and stared at the ceiling. 

A/N: Sorry this is short! Danielle to the right>>>>>>