Chapter Forty-Six

*Emma's POV*

Today was the day. I was leaving. The nurses gave me hugs, and I went down to the lobby, where Joey was waiting. I saw him standing there, and I ran over to him. He picked me up, twirled me around, kissed me, and set me down. He took my bags, and we went out to the car. "God, I've missed you," he said. I kissed him again. We went out to the car. He turned and looked at me. "Do you want to go to my house or..." I sighed. "I guess I'll go to mine first. Is your mom okay if I stay at yours for a while?" He nodded. "Yeah, I already asked." We drove to my house. I started shaking, I was so nervous to go in there. Joey got out, and held my hand. I pressed into him. "Have you been in yet?" He shook his head. We walked out into the back, where the door was still kicked in. We stepped through onto the glass. He started to lead me up the stairs, but I shook my head and pulled away. "It's not cleaned up yet," I whispered. Joey put his arms around me. "It's okay. How about I go upstairs and clean up, and you sweep up this glass?" I nodded into his chest, and went to get the broom. Soon, Joey came downstairs, carrying a garbage bag. Without a word, he carried it out into the garage. I threw the glass into the garbage can. "Are you ready to go up there?" I nodded, and Joey took my hand. We walked up the stairs. My door had been kicked in, but it was set up against the wall now. Joey grabbed all of my bags, and took a couple more from the closet. I packed some more clothes. I took my favorite books, and movies, and grabbed all of my photos. Joey went into the bathroom and grabbed my toiletries. The longer I was in that room, the harder it became to breathe. Pretty soon, I was gasping. I grabbed my bags and ran down the stairs and out to the car. 

Joey came down with the rest of the bags. He set them down bent down to my level, looking in my eyes. "It's okay. I'm here," he said. I hugged him and we got in the car. When we got to his house, I was met with a gathering of his family members. Liz ran up to me and hugged me. "I've missed you," she said. Joey's mom hugged me. His dad gave me a small smile. "Well, dear, you are welcome to stay here as long as you want. We have plenty of room." Joey said, "Well, we better go up and unpack." Liz shook her head. "Let Emma and me spend some time together. Besides, you don't know how a girl likes her things." We carried my bags up to my room. I was so glad to be somewhere where there was only happiness.

A/N: I hope you like this chapter! There will be more action soon.