Chapter Thirty-Three

*Emma's POV*

Joey went over to talk to his friends, so I began to make my way over to mine. But before I could get there, a hand yanked me to the side. I stumbled over, and when I looked up, I could saw the angry faces of Lauren and her friends. "Hey, Bitch," she said angrily. "Stay the hell away from Joey. Or we'll hurt you." I stepped back, scared. I knew they wouldn't try it now, but I had no doubt in my mind that they wouldn't try to do it later. "You can't hurt me," I said, somewhat confidently. "Oh really?" She asked. Her friend Mia cracked her knuckles. I turned and ran. I stumbled through the crowd, my mind racing. I had to find Jeannine. But I hesitated. I didn't want her to get hurt, too. So I stopped running. Smoothing my hair, I walked towards my friends. Sammy and Bekah were standing around, talking. "Where's Jeannine?" I asked. Sammy giggled. "Off making out with Nick somewhere, probably." I laughed. I heard a yell up by the porch and we turned to look. It was Joey's friend Mitch. "Time to dance!" He yelled. Everyone cheered and headed toward the middle of the yard. We were all packed together like sardines, but I didn't care. I was happy to be included. The speakers started pounding out Skrillex. The crowd started to dance, jumping up and down, going crazy. Mitch and Mike came up to us. I tilted my head at them. "Hey," Mitch said. He looked at Sammy. "Want to dance?" Sammy smiled and nodded, and Mitch led her away. Mike did the same for Bekah. 

I felt hands grab my hips, and inhaled Joey's familiar scent. I leaned my head back onto his chest. He looked over me and peered into my eyes. "Hey," I said. He kissed me, a bit sloppily. I leaned forward and turned to face him. "Are you drunk?" I asked. I had only been gone about fifteen minutes. I didn't know anyone could get drunk that fast. Joey shook his head. "No," he slurred. I laughed. "You are! But you're not the only one." I gestured around at the tipsy people around us. Not everyone was intoxicated, but a majority were. "Come on," I said, and led him out of the crowd of people. We headed toward the edge of the yard. As we stopped walking, I heard crying coming from the side yard. Joey was still sober enough to comprehend what was happening. "Should we go check it out?" He asked. I nodded, and put a finger to my lips. We crept around the side of the yard, and I saw Caleb Green, my awful first ex, towering over a girl named Larissa. Caleb knelt down, almost as if to help her, but the he slapped her across the face. She began crying even harder. "Stop!" she sobbed. "Then fucking have sex with me!" Caleb shouted at her face. Larissa shook her head and tried to crawl backwards. I knew I had to do something. I knew what Caleb was capable of. "Joey, stay here until I call," Joey nodded. "But what are you going to do?" He asked. "Going to kick Caleb's ass," I said, smirking. Joey shook his head frantically. "But he's twice your size! Let me." I put my hand on his chest. "I've got it." I stood up and strode confidently towards them. "Hey! What the hell are you doing?" I shouted at Caleb. He looked at me, obviously black out drunk. I motioned for Larissa to get back. She scrambled backwards. "I'm playing with my toy," Caleb slurred. "No, you aren't. You're trying to rape her. Now, leave." I said forcefully. Instead, Caleb came closer. He stood right in front of me. "Oh yeah? What you gonna do?" He said, and reached for me. I  pulled my fist back and punched him, right in the nose. Pain exploded in my hand, but I didn't care. I took advantage of my small size, and swung my foot  back and kicked him right in the sweet spot. He doubled over. I pushed his shoulders, and he toppled back over. I turned to Joey. "Get me a phone." He nodded and ran inside. When he returned, I dialed Caleb's younger sister's number. We had actually become pretty good friends over the years, but she was two years younger. Caleb wasn't the best person at home, either. "Hello?" She picked up. "Hey, Ava, its Emma. We kind of have a problem here with Caleb. Do you think you could send your parents to this address?" I gave here the address. "Okay," she said. We waited around, and about ten minutes later, Caleb's parents arrived. "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Green. We're kind of having a problem with Caleb." I motioned to him, laying on the ground, partially unconscious. "What happened?" They asked tiredly. I motioned  Larissa forward. "Maybe she should tell you." Larissa was still crying softly. "I was walking around back from my car, because I had gone to put something away. And as I was coming into the side yard, Caleb was waiting for me. He wanted me to...have sex with him. He said that nobody would hear, and that it would be okay. But I refused. I don't even know him! And then he hit me, and kept hitting me. He tried to yank off my pants, but I tried to crawl away. And that's when they," She motioned to Joey and me "found me." Caleb's mother was horrified. "I'm so sorry, dear. We'll take him home, and we are sending him to military school for college. We have been thinking it over for a while, but this settles it." Caleb's father and mother practically dragged him to their car. Larissa turned to me and hugged me. "Thank you," she whispered. "You should go home," I said. She nodded and went to her car. We watched as it drove away. I looked at Joey, and laced his fingers with mine. We walked back to the party. 

A/N: WHOA LONG CHAPTER! I'm trying to decide if I should do what I want for the next chapter, or what. Anywhoo, here's a pic of Bekah>>>>> And the external link brings you to a pic of Sammy!!!