Chapter Thirty-Eight

*Emma's POV*

I woke up a few hours later. Why am I laying on the floor? But then it all comes crashing down, with a pain so real that I actually grab my stomach. I get up and walk upstairs. My mom's door is standing open. I tiptoe in. I walk over to the closet. My hand reaches out to feel the fabrics. I grab a sweater from the rack, and, even though its close to eighty degrees, pull it over my head. I inhale my mom's scent of pomegranates. Unable to be in this room for any longer, I run into my bedroom, and curl up in my bed. 

I'm not sure how long I lay there. I get up to go the bathroom and get water, but that's it. I unplugged my clock purposefully, so I didn't know the time. My phone buzzed repeatedly, but I buried it one of my dresser drawers. My head as spinning. I was an orphan now. Technically not, but I may as well have been. Nothing mattered. What if I had stayed home from that party? I would've been here to make sure she didn't drive! I began to blame myself. This was my fault, wasn't it? I wasn't responsible. I couldn't take it anymore.

(A/N: I don't support what Emma does here, if you do this, talk to someone! But this is for story purposes only!)

I stumbled to the bathroom, and fumbled for my razor on the bathtub ledge. I grabbed it and removed the blade. The blade glinted in my fingers. I kneeled next to the tub, and sliced the blade across my wrist. I knew what would happen if I went to deep, I would bleed to death. I cut just enough so the blood started to bead out of the cut. I pressed on the cut, liking the feeling of control of pain. I was so powerless. I cut again. My head started to clear, and I realized what I was doing. Gasping, I dropped the blade. I ran downstairs to the kitchen, and wrapped a bandage around my wrist. I decided to eat something. I heated up some ramen noodles. After eating them, I went back up to bed.

A/N: As I said earlier, I don't say that what Emma does is right. But its for story purposes. Until next time!