Nobody Can Know

*Emma's POV*  

"There he is again, Emma!" My friend Jeannine squealed to me. I turned my head and saw him. He was leaning up against the wall, talking to his friend Michael. Maybe I should give you a little background.

My name is Emma Tiller. I'm 17 years old. I look okay, I guess, even though everyone tells me how pretty I am. I have collarbone length brown hair and brown eyes. And the guy I have a crush on is Joey. Joey Nelson. The most popular guy in school. But he'll never notice me.

You see, I'm not exactly what you would call popular. And I'm definitely a country girl. I would much rather be riding a horse than seeing the city sights. I'm sure not one of those girls who spends hours on her hair and makeup. Most days, I just throw on some sweatpants and tie my hair in a ponytail. I guess this isn't helping me in the boy department. I've had one boyfriend. It was Caleb Green, and that was only to look cool. He was a total pervert. We were in 9th grade and he always said he wanted to get into my pants. So I broke up with him, feeling worse than before.

But this year would be different. I am a senior, after all. I only ask for one thing. And that's for Joey to notice me.

*Joey's POV*

"Hey Joey," I hear a voice pure in my ear. I turn to see my girlfriend, Lauren, standing there with a smirk in her face. I give her a quick kiss. "That's all I get?" She pouts. I chuckle. "We are in the middle of the hallway, babe." Lauren sighs. "Oh all right. I'll see you in PS, Kay? Love you." I sigh. "Love you too," I say tiredly. To be honest, I'm getting kind of tired with Lauren. All she wants to do is make out, and when we aren't, she gets really bitchy.

I walk into my Biology room,and see my friend Mitchell sitting in the back row. I sit down next to him. "Hey," he says. "Get out of detention?" I ask. Mitch shakes his head. "Nope. That son of a-" Mitch gets cut off by our biology teacher walking into the room. "Today we will be assigning lab partners for our upcoming end of the year dissections. When I read off your name please stand by your partner." He begins to read off names. "Mitch Venosa and Kendall Goodwin." I glare at Mitch. That lucky bastard gets to sit by the super smart kid that will help anyone if they ask nicely. "Joey Nelson and Emma Tiller." I look across the room at Emma. I have a few classes with her but that's really all I know about her. She glances at her friend Jeannine, who smiles ecstatically. What?