Chapter Twenty-Nine

*Joey's POV*

Liz and I looked around the yard. We had just finished decorating for our party. Our parents were out of town, staying somewhere in the city. They knew about the party, but they trusted us, and made us promise to keep certain rooms locked. Liz and I had strung lights around the trunks and branches of the trees in our backyard, and set up lawn chairs and tables. The majority of the party would be taking place outside, but people would be able to go inside to get food. We had purchased tons of food, but that was stored, because the party was tomorrow. We didn't have any alcohol, but someone was guaranteed to bring some. (A/N: I don't support underage drinking, I'm just being realistic.) We had also set up our huge sound system, and had my Apple laptop set up to it, to keep playing music. "This is going to be great!" Liz said, smiling. I smiled too and nodded. The one thing I was disappointed about was that Emma and I wouldn't be able to spend time together, but at least I could spend time with my friends. Liz and I went inside, heated up some leftovers, and ate them, talking about the party. We were both buzzing with excitement. I went to bed early, eager for the next day.

I woke up, and took a shower, and did my normal morning routine. I gelled my hair, sprayed on cologne, and walked down to grab breakfast. I ate quickly, and Liz and I drove to school. "Bye, twinny!" She sang, and walked to join her friends Mallory and Cassie. I went into the building, and saw my friends. Mitch slapped my hand and said, "When I was younger, I couldn't wait to get out of here. But now that it's over, I'm going to miss it." We all went silent, and looked at each other. More than a few of us had moisture in our eyes. I hurriedly wiped my eyes and cleared my throat, and started laughing. Pretty soon, everyone joined in, and we were all cracking up. We all said goodbye, and walked to our last class. Mine was Science. Where it had pretty much all started. I glanced around at the halls, taking it all in. It was over. High School. I was leaving here. Going into the real world. And as soon as I said that, I realized I was scared out of my mind. I got to the classroom and sat down. Emma was there, talking to Jeannine. Nick Piscani was leaning with his arm around Jeannine's shoulders. I smiled. That was probably what Emma had been screaming about on the phone. I sat down, leaned back in my chair, and enjoyed my last day of high school. 

A/N: This was fun to write. I'll be sobbing on my last day of high school. Anyways, pic of the backyard kinda thing to the right>>>>>>>>>