Chapter Forty-Two

*Emma's POV*

The last thing I remebered before I woke up in my hospital bed, was grabbing the knife from the kitchen counter. I looked around my room, surprised. My wrists were bandaged heavily, and an IV was attached to my forearm. I realized what I had done, and began to cry. A nurse heard me, and walked in. "Emma, I see your awake." She wrapped me in her arms. I leaned into her shoulder, crying softly. I sat back, and wiped my eyes. "My name is Nurse Julia. You are healing, so soon you will be moved to our therapeutic ward." I gaped. "The pysch ward?" She laughed softly. "No, this is just for people who need some help." 

A couple of hours later, my nurse was walking me down the hall. She had gone to my house, to retrieve a few things I had asked for, as well as some clothes. I stepped into the room, to see a girl, aout two years younger than me, laying on the bed, reading. "Emma, meet your roomate, Danielle. She is having some of the same... obstacles you are." Danielle gave me a small smile. "I'll leave you two to get to know each other." She left the room. Danielle was a very pretty girl. She had light brown hair and big brown eyes. "I see your reading Beautiful Creatures. That's one of my favorite books!" She nodded at me. "I love them. They transport me from..." She motioned around the room. "All this." I sat down on the bed. "I guess we should get to know each other. I'm Emma Tiller, and I'm eighteen." She smiled. "I'm Danielle Stone, and I'm sixteen." I was right about the two years. "I'm going to unpack some of my stuff." There was a small dresser for me to put my clothes in. Nurse Julia had put mostly comfy clothes in. I folded up the sweatpants, and put them in the drawers. She had grabbed my toiletries too, deoderant and shower stuff. I set that on top. 

I put the books I brought on the bedside table. "Do you mind if I watch TV?" Danielle asked. "Nope," I said with a smile. She flicked on some show called Ridiculousness. It was bascially about people falling off of things and failing at stupid stunts. We laughed, and I felt better than I had in a long time. 

A/N: HERE YOU GO DANIELLE! Yeah, Danielle is modeled after my friend, whose name is also Danielle. Yeepppp