Chapter Seven

*Emma's POV* 

When I woke up, I saw I was still in my dress. I vaguely remembered Joey carrying me up to my room. I stripped off my clothes and jumped in the shower. Just as I had shampooed my hair, I heard my phone buzz. I grabbed it off the floor outside the tub and wiped my hands on a towe.l "Hey, I have a soccer game today. I play with a club so no body we know will be there. Do you want to go?" Joey texted. I replied with a yes and a smiley face, then went back to my shower.

The game started at one o'clock. It was already twelve! I put my hair in a ponytail, again applied neutral makeup, and pulled on some jean shorts and a blue t-shirt. I arrived just as the game was starting. Joey was playing center offense. He was great at it. Plus, he looked unbelievably hot while sweaty. I cheered along with the rest of the fans there. When Joey made a goal, I started cheering the loudest. He looked up at the bleachers, saw me, and waved. There were some seventh grade girls a few benches below me, who thought he was waving to them. They squealed and started chattering to each other excitedly. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

Joey's team won the game. The final score was 4-1. After the game, I slowly walked down to the area where his team was packing up their equipment. Joey saw me, smiled, and jogged towards me. He picked me up and spun me around, hugging me. I laughed. "Where did that come from?" I playfully nudged his shoulder. "He gets really obnoxious after games. I think his head gets even bigger than it already is," his teammate told me. Joey fake punched the guy, then grabbed my hand. Can you take me home?" He asked.  I was confused. "How did you get here?" I asked him. "My mom dropped me off. Liz needed the car," he explained. "Luckily, I have you." I blushed, hearing a double meaning behind those words.

I pulled my mom's car into Joey's driveway. "My parents are gone. Do you want to come in?" I nodded and turned off the ignition. Walking through the door, I looked around at the huge entryway. "Wow, you weren't kidding about your family having no money problems," I said in wonder. We walked into the kitchen, where Joey grabbed a frozen pizza. He tried to put it in then oven whole still in the box, but I stopped him. "You have to unwrap it first!" I laughed. He wrapped his arms around me from behind. I put the pizza in the oven and set the timer. Just then, I heard a car pull into the driveway. "Shit," he said. "It's my parents. Then weren't supposed to be home for another tree hours!" Whether I like it or not, I was about to meet Mr. and Mrs. Nelson.