Chapter Seventeen

*Joey's POV*

Please, please, please let her phone be on,I thought to myself as I pulled up the 'Find My Friends' app on my iPhone. Emma had an iPhone as well, so if it was on, I could find her location. Within, a few seconds, a dot labeled 'Emma' appeared on the map on my screen. She was a few miles away in another neighboorhood. I jumped in my car. I drove to her location, speeding way over the limit. The house was unfamiliar.Please God, please, fuck, Jesus, please let her be okay.I rang the doorbell. I watched the handle turn and... "Jeannine?!?" I exclaimed. "Ummm, hi? What are you doing here?" Jeannine looked confused. I supposed that Emma hadn't told her yet. "Is Emma here?" I asked. "Yeah...Why don't you come in." I walked into the house. It was smaller, but clean, cozy, and it smelled like freshly baked bread. "One second," Jeannine said, and walked down the hallway. I heard muttering, and Jeannine reappeared. "So, you and Emma," she said, eyeing me. I nodded. "Can I see her?" I asked, practically bouncing up and down. "Yeah, she's in there." I jogged into a living room. Emma was sitting on the couch, her face red. She stood up, her eyes teary, and reached for me. I pulled her into my embrace. She buried her face in my chest. I ran my hand over her hair. It was tangly, and smelled faintly of lake water.

Jeannine's mother came into the living room. "Jeannine, who is this?" She asked. "Mom, this is Joey. Emma's boyfriend." Mrs. Ward nodded at me. "Jeannine, we have to leave. Joey, can you take care of Emma?" I nodded, and led Emma out to my car. I sat her down in the passenger seat, and began to drive to her house. "Stop," she said suddenly. I pulled to the side of the road. "What is it?" She turned to me. "I don't want to go home. Can I stay at your house?" I smiled at her. "I'll call my mom." I took my phone out my pocket, and dialed the home number. "Hello?" My mom answered. "Hey Mom, it's Joey. So Emma is having some issues with her mom, so I was wondering if she could stay in the guest bedroom at our house tonight." My mom sighed. "Joey..." I groaned. "Please, Mom, its only for one night." She sighed again. "Okay. But only because Emma seems like the nicest girlfriend you've ever had. She's a keeper." I sighed in relief. "Thank you so much," I said, and disconnected the call. "She said okay. We still have to go home to get you some stuff, but then we can leave again. And I'll be with you." She nodded. I continued driving to her house. I opened the door, and we walked into the house. "Hello?" We heard her mother call. "Go, I'll talk to her," I said to Emma. She ran up the stairs to her house.

Mrs. Tiller looked surprised when I walked into the kitchen. "Where's Emma?" She asked, in a snappy tone. I took a deep breath. "Emma told me she would rather stay somewhere else for the night, due to what went on earlier today. My parents said she could sleep in the guest bedroom at our house." Her eyes narrowed. "You..." I held up a hand to stop her. "Emma is eighteen, she can make her own small decisions." I walked out of the room, leaving her sputtering. I went up the stairs to Emma's room. She was putting her toiletries into a duffel bag. "Almost ready?" I asked. She nodded. I grabbed the bag after she had zipped it up, and swung it over my shoulder. We went down and got in my car. I drove to my house. When, we got there, I brought Emma and her bag up to her room. I sat down on the bed, and she laid her head in my lap. "So what exactly happened?"

A/N: Thanks for reading! Pic of Joey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>