Chapter Fifteen

A/N: Sorry this chapter took so long, I've been really busy with ski club. Anyways, to my friends in New York, you may recognize some names :) Also, this chapter may have some strong language in it. Enjoi! Pic of Emma>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

*Emma's POV*

I didn't even take my car. I just ran down the sidewalk. In the spring, I ran track, and I was a sprinter. I stopped for a second and yanked off my shoes, then began to speed down the road. My feet hit the pavement, my long strides carrying me far away. I ran out of the neighborhood, and into the park. There was a lake and a beach that was a very popular place in the summer. The place was empty, as it was a bit cold for swimming. I just stripped off my clothes, leaving me in my underwear and bra. And I sprinted into the water.

I dived headfirst, the cold water raising goosebumps on my skin. I swam laps up and down the beach until I could barely swim anymore. Then I collapsed on the beach, soaking up the sun's warmth. After I was dry, I stood up, brushed off the sand, and pulled my clothes on. I let my hair fall onto my back, not caring it was tangled. I walked slowly back to my house. When I got there, the strange car was gone. I strode in, still angry, but exhausted. I found my mom, on the couch, watching T.V. I stomped right over, grabbed the remote, and turned off the T.V.

My mom eyed me warily. I glared at her. "What the hell were you doing? I heard you! I heard you banging him!" My vision was turning red with fury. She looked down. "We need money," she muttered. "So get a real fucking job! I'm not letting my own mother turn into a whore!" I screamed. She stood up and slapped me across the face. My head turned with the force. "Fine, you little bitch! You get a job and support us! I'm trying!" Tears were streaming down my face. "Do you not think I don't damn well know that! You lost your job yesterday! We aren't that desperate yet! We still have some money! Do something! We still have a chance! Or have you already given up?" I shouted. I ran out of the house again and jumped in my car, driving to Jeannine's house.

When I got there, I ran up to the doorway. I rang the doorbell, and a few seconds later, Jeannine answered the door. I collapsed into her arms, sobbing. She yelled behind her, "Mom! Come here!" Mrs. Ward walked out of the kitchen. "Oh my goodness. Emma, what's wrong?" Mrs. Ward was like a second mom to me. They brought me into the living room and sat me down. I continued to sob. When I had calmed down enough to speak, I told them the story.