Chapter Twenty - Three

*Emma's POV

Mom didn't come home that night. I was really worried, so I called the police and told them that she was missing. They promised they would do their best to find her. Then I called Joey. He said not to worry, and that the police would find her, but that he was caught up at home and couldn't come see me. I told him that was okay. I didn't feel like cooking, so I ordered a pizza, and ate in front of the TV, watching a movie. I stayed up later than I should have, waiting for the call that never came. Finally I went to bed. In the morning, she still wasn't home. I got up and showered. I threw on jean capris, my converse, and a tee shirt. I brushed my hair but didn't put it up. I drove to school in my car, just like I always did. I walked to Science. My favorite class now. I set my books down on my table. Joey wasn't here yet. I didn't even know why we were doing this unit, school was over in a couple days. I walked over to Jeannine, who enveloped me in a hug. I had called her last night, too. That's when Joey walked in. Jeannine looked at me and smiled, but didn't say anything. I went back to my seat just as the bell rang. As Joey sat down, her brushed our arms together. I instantly felt stronger. Joey took out a piece of paper and wrote: Be strong, Em. It will be okay. I wrote back: Thanks :) The teacher was giving us instructions on how to choose our pigs. I grabbed a pig from the bucket and proceded with the dissection.

A/N: Sorry its so short :( I'll post more action soon!