20. Her Scar

Past

Past

Zoya's POV

“Congratulations, Dr. Zoya! You did a great job. No one can believe it's your first day and first time handling violent patient.” My senior praised me.

Today is my first day in hospital. Now, I am a doctor. I say it proudly. More than me, my family is proud of me. Though my family's professional background is different, I chose my dream. I pursued it and finally achieved it. Ten years of hard work and devotion, finally bore a sweet fruit. Who says hard work doesn't pays off?

Well, as much satisfaction as this profession gives, it has the power to snatch it too. And that too brutally. I witnessed it during my internship time. The satisfaction of saving people's lives in emergency. And when they do not survive even after giving your two hundred percent, that guilt. Maybe it is not reasonable. But you lost a life, who came to you asking to save him. It is normal.

What we fight is inevitable. One day or the other, everyone has to die. What you should be focused on is the way of living. You should live your life to fullest every single second. That is the reason, why I chose psychiatry as my career. Helping people to live their lives to fullest, who are now living like a live corpse. Whatever is the reason, they should bring themselves on track.

My phone's ringing brought me back to the world. Aarohi's call!

“When are you going to give us party?” She said, as I picked up the call.

“No hi? No hello? Direct on topic? Wah!” She chuckled.

“Zoya… We three are now settled in our careers finally. I think we should celebrate.”

“I will see and tell you when I am free. You two also make time in near future. Then we will decide how to meet and where. Okay?”

“Done! Chal, I will talk to you later. Celebrate the day with family. Bye!”

“Bye Aaru! Take care.” I hung up the call and left for home.

Don't know what is the plan for today, especially made by my crazy family. I chuckled on my thoughts. Papa gifted me this car one week back. For my safety and convenience. A white coloured Maruti Ritz. My favourite colour!
I drove back to home.

I am late! It's half past seven already. I entered the gates of Raichand villa and parking my car, I walked inside.

“There she comes!” My mom squealed. I smiled.

“Why are you guys sitting like this? Are we going somewhere?” I asked in bewilderment.

“Yup! First dinner then movie!” This time Noor jumped up and down, replying.

“But Noor, it's too late…. Papa?” I hesitated and looked towards my father.

“I said the same thing but they want to celebrate. I can't deny, can I?” He told his plight with a light smile on his face.